+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Went on double date, want to see girl again

Went on double date, want to see girl again

So 2 days ago, a friend invited me on a double-date. He had known this one girl for a while (we'll call her M), and wanted to hook up with her while I occupied her friend (we'll call her J) since M wouldn't go out alone.

Surprisingly, J was surprisingly gorgeous. She's from South America, has an amazing body. Unfortunately, she's still learning English. I had to speak slow with her a couple of times.

I made her laugh a couple of times by making fun of my own Spanish and saying something in broken Spanish. She says she babysits while she's studying abroad here, so I joked if she ever had to get tough with the kids; if she ever had to say "Callete, hijos de puta!" (Shut up you little pieces of shit) to them.

Unfortunately, I ran into a little bump in the road and hit an awkward silence when we were walking between bars. My friend and his date were walking slow and behind us. Fortunately, he had succeeded in hooking up with her and was pulling away to kiss and make out from time to time.

J was getting distracted, turning around and throwing dirty glances down the road.

When we got to the next bar, I realized a way to break the silence again. We had previously joked around asking if M was the jealous type. When we got to the bar, I told J, "I just realized, M's not the jealous type. You are." She said, "No, no," but I continued to tease her, saying "Yeah you are, I saw how you looked at them," and I imitated the dirty looks she made to them. That got her laughing and opening up again.

When we were walking and talking on the way back to our cars, I saw an ex-gf hanging out in front of another bar with a friend of hers. I said hi, we held a brief, 1 minute chat, I introduced her to my friend and our dates and then departed.

While we were walking, my friend pulled me aside and said what I did was "brilliant," telling me that by talking to an ex-gf, I had either 1) gotten J's jealousy-sparks flying or 2) gotten my ex's jealousy-sparks flying.

So we got back to our cars, my friend was making out with his date around the corner, I joked and made fun of them to J. I asked for her phone number and she gave it to me, we hugged that was it.

That was 2 days ago. I was hoping to have a cute, little convo going via text with her. I texted her that I "Hey J, it's Cyanosphere! I can't find you on facebook " She replied, "oh you can find me on email. My email is *************. How are you by the way?" I replied "Awesome. I saw a seagull try to pick a fight with a hawk today. It was pretty hilarious."

She only replied to "yes pretty funny." I was hoping she would ask where I saw that and I would say "at the beach. wanna come check it out this weekend?" but her brief reply doesn't give me much to work with.

I don't want to get my hopes up with this one girl. I've gone on dates and gotten phone numbers and had text-convos with girls before and they didn't materialize into anything.

At the same time, this girl is really cute, and I don't want to blow my chance if I do have a chance with her. Any suggestions at all on how to proceed with this girl and get a second date and maybe a kiss from her?
    Last edited by Cyanosphere; 20-08-09 at 01:06 AM.

I don't see what the problem is. Ask her out.

yea i also don't see a problem, just ask her out.

a few tips though. from what you wrote i think she might like you, but i feel like oyu are trying to be mr. funny guy way too much. that can get annoying very very fast. i don't know if oyu know this, but girls tend to laugh at jokes even if they are not funny especially when meeting a new guy they might like. so her short reply to your seagull comment is probably the result of her not thinking it all that entertaining and getting weary of the "funny". no one wants to date a guy who can't go an hour without trying to be funny. so even though jokes are good and having a sense of humor is always a great plus, you need to check yourself on that for a while. girls want to be swept of their feet by the knight in shiny armor, not the jester.

BUT that being said, she does seem to like you, so GO FOR IT! :-D

I don't see any problem either ... why do you think you need something "to work with" to ask for a second date from a girl you got on very well with?

Just call her up and ask her out.

I agree with lostinconfusion that the overuse of humor can quickly wear thin. But I disagree that girls are looking for a knight in shiny armor. They are just looking for a guy who is relaxed and confident enough to act relatively normal around them.

Carl.

Quote Originally Posted by carl1222 View Post
    But I disagree that girls are looking for a knight in shiny armor. They are just looking for a guy who is relaxed and confident enough to act relatively normal around them.

Carl.
    oh i agree, i was just over dramatizing to make a point.

Quote Originally Posted by carl1222 View Post
    I don't see any problem either ... why do you think you need something "to work with" to ask for a second date from a girl you got on very well with?
    Because I've gotten numbers from girls, text-chatted them and gone on dates with them and the majority of them DIDN'T materialize into a relationship or not even just a single 1-time hook up.

Like I said, I'm tired of getting my hopes up and getting let down every time I talk to a girl and get her phone number.

I said I know a place with live music and asked if she was free at all this weekend. I haven't gotten a response back yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanosphere View Post
    Because I've gotten numbers from girls, text-chatted them and gone on dates with them and the majority of them DIDN'T materialize into a relationship or not even just a single 1-time hook up.

Like I said, I'm tired of getting my hopes up and getting let down every time I talk to a girl and get her phone number.
    It sounds as if you're saying the problem is how to ask a girl out on a date. But why should that be the decisive factor? Isn't what's important what you say and do when you're on a date? Making the perfect invitation isn't likely to have any effect on whether she'll like you or not. I'd say it's what you say and what you do when you actually meet her that's important.

I hope you don't take the following advice as an offence; I will say what my honest impressions are, but I will try and put it as constructively as possible.

Now, I took a look on your other thread, "Critique my approach to women", and I have to say you appear to be trying too hard to be interesting and funny. My advice may be a cliche, but nonetheless I think it's valid: Try to be yourself. Of course, that doesn't mean you shouldn't make some degree of effort to be interesting and funny, but it is enough if you do that a few times here and there, not more or less all the time, which is what I get the impression that you do from what you have written in your thread. The danger is that if every other sentence is an attempt to be clever, you'll start sounding not like a real-life person but rather like a sitcom character or something. In other words, it's likely you won't be taken seriously. Your date will, I think, see through the act and may be put off by it. I mean, think about what it is that makes you interested in somebody. Is it the endless jokes and the clever remarks, or is it something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanosphere View Post
    I said I know a place with live music and asked if she was free at all this weekend. I haven't gotten a response back yet.
    I wish you all the best luck.
    Last edited by Nils; 20-08-09 at 01:53 PM.