+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's worst?

What's worst?

What's worst?
    Being consumed by loneliness or being heartbroken?

Heartbroken. In my opinion...you can always do something about loneliness.

yeah Heartbroken

heartbroken is definately worse.

That's an interesting question, although I would definitely agree with the other posts.

[Edit] Looking back at this post, I believe that both can be equally painful, depending on the circumstances.
    Last edited by Anthony; 22-08-04 at 02:10 PM.

You think loneliness is worse... until you get heartbroken

but then the loneliness reminds you of your heartbreak.

they both totally blow.

But I think loneliness is something you can overcome, if you realize the other blessings that you have in your life... and start to appreciate yourself
    Cinderella said to Snow White
    "How does love get so off course
    All I wanted was a white knight
    With a good heart, soft touch, fast horse
    Ride me off into the sunset
    [URL=http://dizzygirl.net]Baby I'm forever yours[/URL]"

loneliness is achieved thru a broken heart. been there, done that, got pictures. Never again.

I dont think you can have just one or the other - but they come as a pair.

Quote Originally Posted by swimmingNreverie
    ...But I think loneliness is something you can overcome, if you realize the other blessings that you have in your life... and start to appreciate yourself
    Exactly - cure the loneliness and your heart will heal.

im going through a lonely phase right now - very lonely- im in a different continent so I dont even have my family or friends let alone a man. Well my loneliness is making me miss a man I was close with (who's now become my best friend) but well........Anyhow I think loneliness is better than a heartbreak definitely but those two are close together. I think not being to love (at least romantically) would solve all the problems for most people on this site but what would that make us?

Loneliness leads to a minor heartbreak while a heartbreak leads to major loneliness. Which is worse? Go figure.

Anyway, I guess I'm lucky that even though I got rejected by my only crush this year, I still have my family and friends around me who are ever so supportive!

blah blah - supportive isn't going to fill the void left in your heart. and neither is the person that left that space there... grow up - move on. eventually everyone meets someone else. And thus the cycle of life prevails over all.

Yeah... agree with you there. If you read some of my others posts I am moving on. But relationships have not been my only problem so I really did need their support.

well im sure u'll be fine cliche as it sounds. Give yourself time afterall she was just a crush. I find that line interesting though- loneliness leads to a minor heartbreak but a heartbreak leads to major loneliness- quite a line. Plus I have to agree with you family counts alot- well at least for me. Some people say that home is where you go and they have to take you back.

Yes... I agree. Home is where you go and they have to take you back. In fact, I think most of the time they WANT to take you back too. Notice how whenever people get married and they go visit their parents, their parents are so happy? There's the family linkage for you.

Wow..maybe it's my interpretation of the question, but I say loneliness is worse hands down.

With heartbreak, at least you have a feeling that you can atribute to the most positive feeling of them all: Love. If you didn't love, you don't get the heartbreak, right? Well, if you at least "like" someone you can also get heartbreak, but like is a fraction of love after all, no??

I'm interpreting it as "it's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all". Maybe some of you are interpreting it as "would you rather have someone you love hate you (for the sake of having some emotion toward you) than their indiference"

Although I like having my alone time, sometimes, I think I would prefer to have my heart broken and live in a big city with lots of people and friends and things to do than to live in an island alone...but hey, never get your heart broken.

Well..when I put it that way...

Freddie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast