+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dont know what's going on....

Dont know what's going on....

Okay so my boyfriend and I have been together just about 3 years, we just moved in together in the beginning of the summer. Our relationship has never been perfect but I think it's been your typical relationship. We have had our ups & downs. Anyway, I don't know if we are just at a certain stage in our relationship or what but things are different. He does NOTHING sweet, romantic or spontaneous. Everything is such a bore. No compliments, nothing. I just feel like I dont mean anything to him anymore. Nothing is ever cute that I do anymore. I mean our puppy we just got not to long ago gets more attention then me. I just feel like everything in our relationship is...blah.... nothing. It's completely boring. Do i not get his attention anymore or what? Whats going on..

Have you brought it up with him?

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This is probably not a phase that he will grow out of... this is more like a preview of the rest of your life.

You need to talk to him, he needs to understand that attention, affection, appriciation, and determination are forever required to maintain a relationship. He cannot just "get" you by doing all the sweet stuff he did at the begginning and then stop. That's not how it works.

At that point he may or may not change; but if he does ensure that he is changing he ways for good, not until you stop complaining.

don't let him feel that he has you... that will make him work again like a dog

Yeah.. I have told him lots of times. He promises the world on how he is going to change it but never does. When he does actually listen to me he does it for about a week or so, sometimes longer but it NEVER stays that way. The way he usually acts makes me feel like eventually there is going to be somebody who comes along that is actually always going to have his attention, attraction, affection.. basically everything I lack in getting from him. What could i say to him thats actually going to get through to him !!??

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you've tried multiple times and he gets it... for a short while; I see it as: "he won't know what he had until he lost it".

I doubt he'll "change" for good.