+ Follow This Topic

Thread: great date, no sparks, have another?

great date, no sparks, have another?

If you go on a first date with someone, the night is very pleasant, nice conversation, good rapport, they're generally an attractive person (physically, intellectually, etc)... but there's no chemistry to speak of. Just feels more like two friends getting together. Do you try a second date or not? A third if date two is much like date one?

I generally don't. If I don't feel something on date one then I usually drop it. But then I wonder if I'm being too hasty. But when I feel chemistry on the first date, it's because our two personalities mesh well together. It's always a case of the two of us being very much ourselves despite not really knowing each other, and that seems to be a good foundation for a possible relationship.

Thoughts?

(and, er, yeah, my date last night was like this )

i think thats the nest kind of date. I am the kind of guy that tends to move slowly tho. I dont even kiss on the first date... bleh.

I believe to have a relationship you must build it on a solid foundationd (i.e. a solid friendship), and if you are dating this person for the first time and dont really know her, then this would be an ideal date for me.

I say yes to the date 2 and 3 and 4 and so on...

But sparks don't necessarily mean avoiding the friendship basis. To me they more feel like two people really clicking. In a similar way, I feel "sparks" when first meeting other guys who eventually become good friends. You can just feel you'll really get along.

I think the worst is sparks on the first date, total fizzle on the second. I hate that

well - like i said before - date 2 is clear for take off in my book.

Dragoon give it one more shot, IF AFTER that date you dont feel a connection thats worth pursuing in the dating field then call her and let her know you had a great time. Somehow or maybe she would be a good friend, but if it feels like there is nothing then call her to thank her and leave it. Sometimes people are timid on the first date, who knows what the second will bring to the table!

Goodluck man!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

yeah give it one more shot. how will you know someone on the first date right?
    love is the best thing in the whole world.

You can try another date for the sake of, but odds are if there is no spark, its not going to be generated either. Don't try to force a relationship where there is none.

Maybe you're better off as friends with this girl.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control