+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A Second Chance :)

A Second Chance :)

Just got back from out of town--went to a major metro area. It was nice to be around a lot of people because there's a greater chance of meeting interesting people. For instance, the pool scene at the resort was very busy, lots of different and interesting women. I ended up talking with this really sweet woman from the Middle East. She and I ended up having drinks and talking for hours about history, politics, family, life in general. I had to leave for a dinner and she had to go to a play. She said, let's meet afterwards, say around 11 pm?

I thought, "Yeah, right! She'll never call!" But, lo and behold, she did call (at around midnight. I showed up to meet her at a club nearby. She was "dressed to nines." I was wearing a summer suit. We ended up drinking and talking until nearly 2:30 am before I really had to go to bed (I had a work meeting at 7:30 am).

We kissed quite awhile before she and I had to part ways. We agreed, it was hard to say goodbye. She is going to be a town about 4 hours from where I live, but because of work, I can't go to meet her. I've asked her to come to see me before she returns to the Middle East. I really hope that she does, but would understand if that didn't happen.

But, a second chance...it was nice to be thrown into something and find someone so sweet, so bright, so nice and this time, unlike in a different situation eight years ago (in a similar town, by a similar resort swimming pool), this time...I was now old enough to see the opportunity and to kiss her and to tell her that I liked her. A different woman but from the same part of the world.... But, a similar feeling. This time, I'm more aware that of the near impossibility of the situation but I did all that I could and have no regrets.

So, to all those who have similar experiences and live with regrets, I write this to say, sometimes age and experience heal wounds. If nothing else, this recent event healed some very deep wounds in my heart.

She couldn't come over to see me. But, we've emailed twice. I did notice on her MySpace page that she said that she had a great time in "New York!!!!" (not New York--another town, but nevertheless there were multiple exclamation points). Hopefully, I was at least one of those exclamation points, but I'm guessing more than one.

Haven't heard from her in five days, which feels like five years because I'm at home bored with work. Would personally love an excuse to travel half way around the world on a wild goose chase Really. It would be fun!

Sounds like it was a nice experience Cam
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    Sounds like it was a nice experience Cam
    It was a terrific experience and let's hope there's more to it

Tonight, I'm going to a wine tasting--a single's event. I'm not expecting much in this town. It'll be pretty tame...or lame, as the case may be.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Wine is always good. Better with nice company, so good luck with that.

Australian wine here is the same price as our BC grog. Nice investing, our government.

The same wine in Oz was 30 - 50% cheaper there. Here, local discount to stimulate industry... no such.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh