+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Post partum depression

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I was depressed after I had my daughter. Keep in mind it is time-limited, and be sure you have a lot of help and support. You will need it. Having two is a LOT different than having one.

And yes, boys are easier, and unless you completely blow it, they love their mamas. More than girls. I would take 10 boys before I took another girl.

But if you are seriously questioning your ability to raise this baby properly, you should consider adopting him out. It's not too late, and your daughter is too young to know any different.
    Last edited by vashti; 23-08-09 at 09:21 AM.

Hm......you say your depressed, but you mood indicator states otherwise
    Relationships are never a threat, cause I'll Erase the history and act like we never met

--Joe Budden

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely Island View Post
    Hm......you say your depressed, but you mood indicator states otherwise
    Lol...I haven't changed it in a while.

I wouldn't necessarily say I am incapable of doing it, but I'm worried of becoming so. What if things dont work out with the bf? Then I'll be a single mom of two.

We've managed to talk things out and communicate better, but what if that doesn't last long? I fear that our relationship may fail and I'll be alone with two kids.

I guess I should be more optimistic though. I know he would never leave me with two kids no matter what happens to us as a couple, and that includes my daughter as well.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Did you know its easier to 'peel' a banana from the bottom? Pinch the brown bottom bit and the whole thing just bursts open for you. Magic.
    Bananas, nature's anti-depresant (tryptophan (which the body converts to serotonin)) and vitamin B shot in it's own zip lock bag.

Did you also know that rubbing the inside of a banana peel against a mosquito bite reduces the swelling and irritation?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by LadieNisha4u2nv View Post
    I am seriously worried I will experience this. I'm already depressed about this baby as a whole. I am more depressed at it most likely being a boy.

Idk why....I suddenly have such a bad feeling in my stomach about having any boy kids. I really am depressed that it may be a boy...and I really dont want to feel this way...but it feels like I can't help it. I know it's a bad thing, but if I could just stop feeling this way I would. I fear that I may treat him badly. I am honestly regretting this baby to be honest, and I guarantee you dont know how much it to hurts to say that. I am mad at myself and I feel stupid for making the decision to have another baby. I am afraid I may take it out on the baby, which I do not want.

Sigh, idk, I guess you can say this is a rant,feedback is fine, but I dunno....right now I am a total wreck. I feel like I will be a bad mother in the future and I wont be able to support my kids.
    I am pretty damn shure your depression is overrated. You don't want to kill yourself, do you? And whats wrong with a boy? After all, boys are easier to raise up, and cheaper.
    It is just dysthymia, not depression, its a worry, a bit of fear, nothing more.
    Don't expect anything.

Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    I am pretty damn shure your depression is overrated. You don't want to kill yourself, do you? And whats wrong with a boy? After all, boys are easier to raise up, and cheaper.
    It is just dysthymia, not depression, its a worry, a bit of fear, nothing more.
    I've experienced depression to the point of wanting to kill myself already. I've had suicidal thoughts and actions, but nah I'm not experiencing that right now. I haven't felt that bad in a while now.

I'll get over it...I guess I just needed it off my chest. I wont love him less, I will love him just as much as my daughter. I'm still afraid of failure, but I just have to do my best to help my kids.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Great work .. really informative .. and thanks a lot for sharing ..

Quote Originally Posted by LadieNisha4u2nv View Post
    I've experienced depression to the point of wanting to kill myself already. I've had suicidal thoughts and actions, but nah I'm not experiencing that right now. I haven't felt that bad in a while now.

I'll get over it...I guess I just needed it off my chest. I wont love him less, I will love him just as much as my daughter. I'm still afraid of failure, but I just have to do my best to help my kids.
    Yes keeping talking, and getting things out there, the more honest you are with yourself about how you feel, the easier it will be for yourself to spot PPD if you have it when baby arrrives.

My Preganacy was awful, relationship problems, sick for 6 months of the pregnany (he was born so small I blamed myself for that so much), it just did not agree with my body, plus the stress, was not in my home country etc...but as soon as he arrived, it was like I had never felt any of those things, I think the fear took over me and I couldn't see past it..when he came, I felt at peace.....

He is a boy

hope you fell better soon!

Thanks Bumble Bee..gives me hope cuz it sounds similar to what I'm feelin.

Things are alot easier than before, but I am still getting constant nosebleeds and ridiculously painful heartburn, especially if I eat pasta.

I'm anxious about the baby coming. I feel like it's taking forever. At least I'm 7 months in so I am glad for that.

I'm sorry that you have ever had to deal with depression in any form. I can relate to you in many ways, its the hardest fight you will face and its a war waged in your head, against yourself. A pregnancy has got to compound that feeling ten fold.

On the bright side, you are defying the very basic principal of depression, hiding from the world. The fact that you recognize the problem and are reaching out for help is more than half of the battle.

I am by no stretch of the imagination a doctor, a uterus or and female. The logical thing for you to do from what I see is to talk with your physician and explain how you feel. He/she will know how to handle this. Its a recognized medical condition, they know how to properly deal with this to arrive at a happy ending.

Remember, you live in the USVI's, there is no reason not to be happy. Me on the other hand here in Idaho, well I am going to do battle with the furnace right now, the pilot light is out. You tropic dwellers probably have no idea what a furnace is ~_~

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbrider View Post
    You tropic dwellers probably have no idea what a furnace is ~_~
    LOL.

Nish, it will be okay. Really.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

No one on this forum can help you, if you experience post-partum depression, seek professional help.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by MVPlaya View Post
    No one on this forum can help you, if you experience post-partum depression, seek professional help.
    That's not true. This forum can help in ways a professional will not.

I wasn't looking for help..I said I was worried it may happen to me.

Durr.

are you feeling any better?
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast