+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Post partum depression

Yea tons...In so many ways.

I read over this thread and nothing is like it was when I started this thread.

BF and I are doing great. Excited as ****! Lol.

I do still get sick occasionally but not like I did before. Now my only pain I get all the time is heartburns and nosebleeds.

I do also get this shocking feel in my hip down to my knee that causes my leg to give out on me...which sucks since I work standing for 8 hours a day. Idk what it is, but my next appointment is the 21st so I'll let her know about it.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

well that's good. i'm glad you're feeling better.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

How is the big girl doing? You should post some recent pictures, I am sure she's grown a lot by now
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Yea I should.

My b/f just found my camera battery charger tonight. It's been lost for a long time now. Wooo was I happy!

I'll update sometime. Thinking on taking professional pics with the b/f on Saturday...so if I do, I'll put them up too so you can see my bellay
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by MVPlaya View Post
    No one on this forum can help you, if you experience post-partum depression, seek professional help.
    Dumbass. She's still pregnant. Not PPD yet.

Haven't you ever heard of venting to friends to feel better? There are folks on this forum who know when to refer her to a professional.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Dumbass. She's still pregnant. Not PPD yet.

Haven't you ever heard of venting to friends to feel better? There are folks on this forum who know when to refer her to a professional.
    Right, hence the "if," as in, if you experience post-partum depression. Reading is difficult, huh? Besides, most of you are over-eager to share your underqualified opinions no matter what.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Right, hence the "if," as in, if you experience post-partum depression. Reading is difficult, huh? Besides, most of you are over-eager to share your underqualified opinions no matter what.
    So what are they paying you?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by LadieNisha4u2nv View Post

I do also get this shocking feel in my hip down to my knee that causes my leg to give out on me...which sucks since I work standing for 8 hours a day. Idk what it is, but my next appointment is the 21st so I'll let her know about it.
    In your hip? or your buttocks? It sounds like sciatica...

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Who shared their professional opinion in this thread?

You said *present tense* "noone on this forum can help you". Incorrect. There is a lot of psychological benefit from venting to friends. There should have been a period, not a comma after that statement. The next part "If you experience PPD, consult a doctor/professional" is its own separate sentence.

Reading is difficult, yes. Particularly when trying to parse the writing of someone with Grade 3 level writing ability.

You made an ambiguous statement. Fras & I disagree with it. Learn to live with it, or learn to write more clearly.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    In your hip? or your buttocks? It sounds like sciatica...
    Well...I get a cramp in my buttocks but the shocking pain is from my hip down to my knee on the side and my leg just gives up on me.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    the fact that it shoots down your leg makes me think sciatica. I don't know where on your hip you are talking... typically, the pain is deep and somewhere between that buttocks and the actual hip, towards the back.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I've had this, Nish, what Vash describes. It was so bad I couldn't put my weight on my leg or sit comfortably at the dinner table.

In my case, it was muscular. I was worried & went to my doc b/c I always associated sciatica with a disk or vertebral problem. My medico told me that muscular tightness can compress the nerve openings b/t the vertebrae being pulled closer together.

In my case, I took Robax and did lots of stretching. Did the trick for me. I wasn't pregnant, tho, so check with your doc. I'm not sure a muscle relaxant during pregnancy is a good idea...
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Yea I'm gonna bring it to her attention on the 21st. It's annoying and very painful. Even when I sit down, after I get up, I get cramps in my buttocks right away and I end up limping around. So sitting down makes no difference.

Even laying in bed...ugh. I hate getting out of bed. I literally have to crawl to my destinaton because I can't walk on my legs because it hurts really bad.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I had this when I was pregnant. It sucks, and it can last for a long time afterwards. Hard to treat, too.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Who shared their professional opinion in this thread?

You said *present tense* "noone on this forum can help you". Incorrect. There is a lot of psychological benefit from venting to friends. There should have been a period, not a comma after that statement. The next part "If you experience PPD, consult a doctor/professional" is its own separate sentence.

Reading is difficult, yes. Particularly when trying to parse the writing of someone with Grade 3 level writing ability.

You made an ambiguous statement. Fras & I disagree with it. Learn to live with it, or learn to write more clearly.
    We are going to insult people's writing: at no point did I fail to acknowledge she is not presently experiencing PPD, but you responded with:

Dumbass. She is pregnant. No PPD yet.

Do I get an apology for your incorrect and uncharacteristically rude response? Probably not, because you're not mature enough for that:

Lets summarize things we've said that are correct:

I said that if you experience PPD, you need professional help.

You said that there is some minor value to venting.

At no point have you disproven anything I have said: the only disagreement was that there is minor value to venting on a forum. I'll grant you that, talking to people is cool, my point stands though, if the situation turns more serious, you need real help. And that seems to have struck a chord with you, realizing that there are limits to the value of your opinion.

And insulting my writing or intelligence is just funny to me: graduated with honors from Berkeley, you?
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast