+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Post partum depression

You came out doing the equivalent to yelling on a forum, stating that no one here could help. You are asking for people to come back at you over it.

Talking about things like this does help, science isn't everything unfortunately. The human mind works on a whole different level, both more complex and more simplistic than a cut and dry medical professional does.

I don't remember what exactly Indi does for a living, but I do remember it was rather impressive. I'm sure she will share if she feels it necessary.
    Last edited by Cbrider; 13-10-09 at 09:18 AM.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Stating that there are limits to what help you can give on a serious issue. Everything can help to a small degree, my point was simple, if you do experience PPD, you need something bigger than LoveForum.net.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

i have sciatica really bad on my right side. i can't lay on it too long or my leg goes numb. it sucks. it's from all those back problems. stretching is the only thing that helps. but you have to stretch consistently. like, every day. otherwise it doesn't work so well.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    i have sciatica really bad on my right side. i can't lay on it too long or my leg goes numb. it sucks. it's from all those back problems. stretching is the only thing that helps. but you have to stretch consistently. like, every day. otherwise it doesn't work so well.
    Yes, I've found this too. A long week at the computer really craps my back out. Especially if I haven't had time for running. Exercise seems to help.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    That's not true. This forum can help in ways a professional will not.
    Coming to the forum to vent or get advice...
    Only some people can do that here.
    Most batter and bruise the individual instead of helping.

There are plenty of things I would like some feedback on.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    We've talked about a 'sensitive section' where kid gloves are used for the OP. Basically the rule is that its all soft, sensitive support. Less 'tough love', which is what one usually gets here.

Mbe we should think about this more seriously? Especially if there are topics people want to discuss but don't feel comfortable with in the general forum. It can be pretty hardscrabble around here...

Nish, about the cramps... I used to get wicked cramps in my legs until I read it can be caused by a potassium deficiency. I started eating a banana religiously each day & they went away in about a week.
    Last edited by IndiReloaded; 13-10-09 at 10:37 AM.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Actually, I did my doctoral research at a small college in Boston (okay, technically Cambridge). You may have heard of it, it ranks consistently higher than crunchy Berkeley ever has

So, no, chances are you aren't smarter nor better educated than me. And your writing still sucks and you did make a mistake. Sorry, MVP. Deal with it.
    I like how you don't mention your undergrad college, must be a sore spot.

And if you did manage to end up at Harvard of MIT for your grad work, I'll be the better person and tell you: congratulations. A lot of my friends have gone to both. I personally wouldn't want to. I've gotten into my number 1 pick both for undergrad and grad, Berkeley and LSE.

But there was no mistake, I've explained my position and no one has disagreed. At best you're whining that talking to you helps in some small infinitesimal way, which doesn't disprove my statement. At best it shows that you are really dense, socially. And your comment about the pregnancy shows you have difficulty admitting when you're wrong. Otherwise, you would have admitted by now that your burst was incorrect, but you show your maturity.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul

That would be nice because you guys are really smart and give excellent advice and guidance. Especially to someone like me. Some of the things I have been told I've held onto them and really applied them to my everyday life and it helped.

There are many things I wish I could talk about because I know that one of you will know just what to say. I am one of those people afraid to post about it because I get called names all the time and chewed out. IDK.

But I'm glad Nisha got it out because I am sure that was stressing you out girl! And stress is unhealthy for your baby. <333 Lurve Ya Nish Nish!

i'm following the banana advice.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by MVPlaya View Post
    I like how you don't mention your undergrad college, must be a sore spot.
    My undergrad was from Canada. Not a sore spot at all. As you can tell by this year's medicine Nobel laureate (McGill, Cornell PhD), its by no means a problem. LOL.

If you had a graduate degree, you would know its only your terminal degree that employers care about. Especially when it comes from one of the Top 3.

Quote Originally Posted by MVPlaya View Post
    And if you did manage to end up at Harvard of MIT for your grad work, I'll be the better person and tell you: congratulations. A lot of my friends have gone to both. I personally wouldn't want to. I've gotten into my number 1 pick both for undergrad and grad, Berkeley and LSE.
    Well, thanks for the congrats. Its a bit late, seeing as how I'm over a decade out of school. The fact your friends went isn't the same as YOU going, BTW. I have friends who are doctors, but that doesn't mean I know anything about practicing medicine.

Berkeley is a good school, but its not terribly solid for the sciences. As for business and economics, I think you would attend Harvard given the chance. And MIT has the Sloan school, of course.

But there was no mistake, I've explained my position and no one has disagreed.
    See Fras' response to your post:

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    That's not true. This forum can help in ways a professional will not.
    Sounds like someone disagrees with you.

MVP, you are another one of these posters who can't simply say 'Yep, my post was ambiguous. I see your point.'

Sure, I called you a dumbass (you are). Then you insulted my reading ability (way above yours), so shrug. Shall we call it even? Instead you chose to up the ante thinking "well, I went to Berkeley, I must be smart". Except that turned out to be a giant fail. Which, with a bit of reading my other posts (or asking a couple of members) you could have avoided.

Now you claim I made a mistake about pregnancy. Except: I'm a woman w/a child. I've been there.

Keep posting, tho. I'm a bit bored right now & dying to know just how desperate your arguments will get. I'm sure others are enjoying it too.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by CocoChanel View Post
    That would be nice because you guys are really smart and give excellent advice and guidance. Especially to someone like me. Some of the things I have been told I've held onto them and really applied them to my everyday life and it helped.

There are many things I wish I could talk about because I know that one of you will know just what to say. I am one of those people afraid to post about it because I get called names all the time and chewed out. IDK.

But I'm glad Nisha got it out because I am sure that was stressing you out girl! And stress is unhealthy for your baby. <333 Lurve Ya Nish Nish!
    Coco, I would use PM in this case, you can even multiple send. It tends to be a bit less growly than the general forum.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I love how there is no depth to anything you write, just your opinion and the belief that because you uttered it, it must be valid. I wonder if you're as dense in real life. I shouldn't argue too fast, I always think several steps ahead and I just have to repeat myself while you slowly catch up, I'm just going to repeat myself to show how most of what you post has already been addressed, you just weren't smart enough to see it:

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Well, thanks for the congrats. Its a bit late, seeing as how I'm over a decade out of school. The fact your friends went isn't the same as YOU going, BTW. I have friends who are doctors, but that doesn't mean I know anything about practicing medicine.

Berkeley is a good school, but its not terribly solid for the sciences. As for business and economics, I think you would attend Harvard given the chance. And MIT has the Sloan school, of course.
    Berkeley is one of the finest institutes in the world, you can feel free to hate on it, but it doesn't change anything. For my purposes, Economics, Cal was perfect, especially considering our faculty just got another Nobel Prize in Econ. The only graduate schools I wanted to attend were LSE and Columbia, and thats because if you knew anything about Economics research, you'd know the importance of faculty and school ideology. To that end, Columbia and LSE were perfect for what I wanted to do.

See Fras' response to your post:

Sounds like someone disagrees with you.
    As I said earlier, "At no point have you disproven anything I have said: the only disagreement was that there is minor value to venting on a forum. I'll grant you that, talking to people is cool, my point stands though, if the situation turns more serious, you need real help. And that seems to have struck a chord with you, realizing that there are limits to the value of your opinion."

Sure, I called you a dumbass (you are). Then you insulted my reading ability (way above yours), so shrug. Shall we call it even? Instead you chose to up the ante thinking "well, I went to Berkeley, I must be smart". Except that turned out to be a giant fail. Which, with a bit of reading my other posts (or asking a couple of members) you could have avoided.
    Not really. Berkeley > McGill. Were you dumber while you were an undergrad before you went to Harvard? Your achievements don't affect mine in the least. I'll grant you that you're decently smart, though your reading ability is horrid.

And I'll happily compare an LSE econ degree to a Harvard one any day. LSE is cutting edge for the research I want to do.

Now you claim I made a mistake about pregnancy. Except: I'm a woman w/a child. I've been there.
    Oh god...

As I said earlier,

"We are going to insult people's writing: at no point did I fail to acknowledge she is not presently experiencing PPD, but you responded with:

Dumbass. She is pregnant. No PPD yet.

Do I get an apology for your incorrect and uncharacteristically rude response?"

See, pregnancy isn't about you being pregnant, its about you assuming that I wasn't aware she was pregnant and insulting me for it, when my statement was unrelated to her presently being pregnant. And you still can't admit you were wrong.

But yeah, I'm clearly a dumbass and your reading level is way above mine, despite the fact that things need to be repeated to you several times and you still don't get them. Nice try.
    Last edited by MVPlaya; 13-10-09 at 11:34 AM.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul

Alright guys done with all the school talk.

First of all, I lurve you too Cocooooo! <3<3

Second, I know if I experience it to seek professional help....I was venting as I stated in my original post.

Banana does sound good....but seeing as every little thing makes me gag, I have to eat a really fresh one that isn't soft at all. I gag so easily nowadays, especially at the scent of ramen noodles.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't know what criteria are being used, but Berkeley's college of chemistry was ranked number one by Forbes last year.
    Last edited by vashti; 13-10-09 at 11:37 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yep. Just can't admit you are wrong. Okay, MVP. Keep writhing around, I like it.

Considering most of the world has heard of Harvard and have no clue what LSE is (you'd have to explain to most and not use an acronym), I'll have to take your word its comparable. Maybe in your field. Certainly not in mine.

Want to compare salaries next? Or the fact that you paid an obscene amount of money on your undergrad education and I didn't? I bet you are in debt to your eyeballs for your education & I came out debt-free. For an economist, you don't seem too smart...
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast