+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Post partum depression

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I don't know what citeria are being used, but Berkeley's college of chemistry was ranked number one by Forbes last year.
    Yes, Vash, of course it does depend on your discipline. I'm just having a good time riding MVP, because he thought that mentioning Berkeley would somehow own me. He wasn't expecting to deal with the response. Now he's back pedaling like mad. I shouldn't I know but its too much fun not to.

BTW, MVP, what kind of degree do you actually have? A Bachelor of Arts? Best of the best of the best, sir... with honours.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXRi28W-ENY&feature=related"]YouTube - MIB-best of the best[/ame]
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Ramen Noodles smell so gross when the noodles are boiling. Blehk!

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I don't know what criteria are being used, but Berkeley's college of chemistry was ranked number one by Forbes last year.
    Careful Vashti, according to Indi Berkeley is not too good on the sciences. She knows.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Yep. Just can't admit you are wrong. Okay, MVP. Keep writhing around, I like it.
    As stated previously, "I love how there is no depth to anything you write, just your opinion and the belief that because you uttered it, it must be valid. I wonder if you're as dense in real life."

I just addressed every point you made and you don't even try to reply because you can't. Your lack of a response shows where you stand. Keep writhing.

Considering most of the world has heard of Harvard and have no clue what LSE is (you'd have to explain to most and not use an acronym), I'll have to take your word its comparable. Maybe in your field. Certainly not in mine.
    Your ignorance is not the world's ignorance. I assure you that the London School of Economics is well known, and most people aware of graduate schools across the world tend to know what LSE is.

Want to compare salaries next? Or the fact that you paid an obscene amount of money on your undergrad education and I didn't? I bet you are in debt to your eyeballs for your education & I came out debt-free. For an economist, you don't seem too smart...
    My undergraduate education was mostly covered by a debate scholarship and part-time work, I came out with $4,372 in debt. Like I said, Berkeley was my number one pick, I didn't want to spend money on a private school so I went to the best Public University in the world, and thats Berkeley.

As for salary, there's always someone richer than you. If I blindly pursued money I wouldn't have made the life decisions I've made. To think your paycheck might impress me shows me just how little you understand about me, and just how far off your moral calculus is. I do poverty research to study how inequity affects development patterns and how we can alleviate poverty shock and build infrastructure in Third World Nations. Thats why I studied Economics and Anthropology, to study how to build up economies and to understand disaffected communities. I have a nice salary, its 6-figures, and with all my debate experience I have never had trouble wowing any board of directors. But at the end of the day I'm going to be an underpaid economics researcher, because thats what I want to do. Because I want to do something valuable with my life, but please, feel free to think your paycheck is going to earn you some measure of respect.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

Yes, Vash, of course it does depend on your discipline. I'm just having a good time riding MVP, because he thought that mentioning Berkeley would somehow own me. He wasn't expecting to deal with the response. Now he's back pedaling like mad. I shouldn't I know but its too much fun not to.
    Berkeley beats your undergraduate school, and I'd pick my graduate school over yours any day of the week for what I study, Economics. So there's no back pedaling.

I give you credit on your school, but you can't reciprocate because you're far too immature for it.

But I'm sure with enough mental gymnastics you can convince yourself you're queen of the world, its a pity you have to wake up to a thing called real life every day though.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by MVPlaya View Post
    As for salary, there's always someone richer than you. If I blindly pursued money I wouldn't have made the life decisions I've made. To think your paycheck might impress me shows me just how little you understand about me, and just how far off your moral calculus is. I do poverty research to study how inequity affects development patterns and how we can alleviate poverty shock and build infrastructure in Third World Nations. Thats why I studied Economics and Anthropology, to study how to build up economies and to understand disaffected communities. I have a nice salary, its 6-figures, and with all my debate experience I have never had trouble wowing any board of directors. But at the end of the day I'm going to be an underpaid economics researcher, because thats what I want to do. Because I want to do something valuable with my life, but please, feel free to think your paycheck is going to earn you some measure of respect.
    Yes, I know most scientists (compared to Economists) have a real problem with their moral compass. That's why so many economists ended up losing their jobs recently.

I'm glad you claim to be one of the more ethical ones. But not too smart, all same.

You don't know when you lost, which was pages back. Do they use commas differently at Berkeley? Your sentence structure was poor and made your post ambiguous. I said this several times--speaking of poor reading comprehension. You have a problem wrapping your brain around this simple fact? At Harvard, one learns how to write correctly. I'm surprised that a London education hasn't helped. You must be new there.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Coco, I would use PM in this case, you can even multiple send. It tends to be a bit less growly than the general forum.
    If I want advice from many different people I wouldn't send a PM. I would post it in the forums where everyone can read it and offer up some feedback. People like you and some other make it uncomfortable to do that because you start judging people and calling them names. Sort of like you did MV in this thread. Took it to name calling so fast! That's so not cool.

i've gotten some really good advice from indi. i've never felt judged by her.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by MVPlaya View Post
    Berkeley beats your undergraduate school, and I'd pick my graduate school over yours any day of the week for what I study, Economics. So there's no back pedaling.

I give you credit on your school, but you can't reciprocate because you're far too immature for it.

But I'm sure with enough mental gymnastics you can convince yourself you're queen of the world, its a pity you have to wake up to a thing called real life every day though.
    What part of 'only your terminal degree matters', don't you understand?

Do you have anything higher than a Bachelors? If you did, you would know this.

This years Nobel laureate in medicine went to McGill. Think anyone cares? Nope, b/c his PhD was from Cornell, which got him his present post at Harvard. After that, his publications were what counted.

You don't have much experience in the academic world, do you? I get the feeling you aren't posting from experience. Really, tell: what is your highest degree? Do you even have a masters?
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    Ah, but you have felt my argumentative sting (and vice versa). I like it. Seems like I have a new victim now. LOL.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    I agree. I don't think she gives bad advice. I think she is really smart! I could learn a lot from her. But I have often been judged by her and called names when it wasn't necessary.

it probably was necessary.

It's not necessary; only when it's done as a reaction to what someone has said to you then its justified.

lol well there's logic right there.

(oh crap sorry indi i'm stealing your victim. she's all yours.)

Yes, I know most scientists (compared to Economists) have a real problem with their moral compass. That's why so many economists ended up losing their jobs recently.

I'm glad you claim to be one of the more ethical ones. But not too smart, all same.

You don't know when you lost, which was pages back. Do they use commas differently at Berkeley? Your sentence structure was poor and made your post ambiguous. I said this several times--speaking of poor reading comprehension. You have a problem wrapping your brain around this simple fact? At Harvard, one learns how to write correctly. I'm surprised that a London education hasn't helped. You must be new there.
    So lets recap errors: My usage of a comma was ambiguous for you.

You incorrectly assumed I wasn't aware she was pregnant. Then called me a dumbass when, in fact, you were the dumbass for not reading properly.

One typographic, one a clear reading error.

Surprised they never taught you reading comprehension at Harvard. I mean, I'm sure you're smart all the same. I do have to repeat things to you 3 or 4 times while you continue to repeat the error.

It is hilarious to me how much satisfaction you derive off the placement of a comma. You must not win much in life. I'll let you have the comma. Had I not placed the initial comma, and kept the second one, the sentence would have been clearer for you. Although, as thread history shows, clarity means little with your ability for reading.
    Last edited by MVPlaya; 13-10-09 at 12:21 PM.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul

Its kind of an out of place thought, but a thought none the less.

Coco mentioned things she would like to talk about but doesn't want to open herself up to "the wolves" so to speak.

What if a sub forum was added that required XXX number of posts to post in or view? That way the regulars could give their input without having to weed through all the one liners.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast