+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Post partum depression

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by MVPlaya View Post
    I give you credit on your school, but you can't reciprocate because you're far too immature for it.
    Actually, MVP, if you read the books thread, you'll see I gave you a compliment about being a broad reader, apparently outside of your study area. That is actually a far more meaningful compliment than congratulating you on what school you attended.

You haven't taught students, something I did in Boston and here. Frankly, I've known students from all levels of education and some are extremely bright, but most are only smart within their microcosm. Take them outside of that and they are like fish flopping outside of their fishbowl. Completely unoriginal thinkers. I daresay I'd have a much better time taking one of your economics courses than you would taking a physics or chemistry course.

So, from someone whose been at a school just as good as you, with a much higher degree, I say to you & Berkeley: Meh.

You made a blanket comment in this thread that didn't take into account the benefit that people get from venting online. Fras disagreed (I reposted his reply) and I did also. So, while your comment about Nish seeking advice for PPD is technically correct (duh), it is also an obvious comment (Nish pointed this out) and was ambiguous seeing as how you don't seem to know how to use commas.

So. Berkeley graduate (big deal). Let's just say I've met much smarter than you, and that has nothing to do with where I went to school. I met my share of mediocre minds in Boston too. Keep trying tho, you are young yet, and like I say, you seem to have some potential.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

It is hilarious to me how much satisfaction you derive off the placement of a comma. You must not win much in life. I'll let you have the comma. Had I not placed the initial comma, and kept the second one, the sentence would have been clearer for you. Although, as thread history shows, clarity means little with your ability for reading.
    Are you stupid? If you had placed the period instead of the first comma, then your post would not have been ambiguous. Your first sentence would (and is) a standalone generalization that is just wrong. Both Fras & I pointed this out. Is english your first language?

Wow, you are really grasping at straws now. This whole thread explosion is b/c you had to mention Berkeley as a reason for why your bad writing is okay. LOL.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Oh BTW, the potassium thing for cramps is true.

I use to cramp like a mother ****er when I played soccer competitively. I would get hellacious cramps in my calves and the arch area of my feet due to having poor arch structure. Bananas and multivitamins help to counter it.

I remember the pain being debilitating when it would happen. I could tell when it was coming because my muscles would almost start "twisting" in my feet. All I could do was bolt for the sideline and hope I could outrun the incoming pain.
    Last edited by Cbrider; 13-10-09 at 12:28 PM.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Are you stupid? If you had placed the period instead of the first comma, then your post would not have been ambiguous. Your first sentence would (and is) a standalone generalization that is just wrong. Both Fras & I pointed this out. Is english your first language?

Wow, you are really grasping at straws now. This whole thread explosion is b/c you had to mention Berkeley as a reason for why your bad writing is okay. LOL.
    No, its because you were dumb enough to misread the statement and then proceeded to call me a dumbass (despite being too dumb to realize you were just in the wrong, and even repeated the error after having it explained to you).

Then you got on your high horse for 10 posts over the placement of a comma and believe me, you make grammatical errors all the time yourself. People just don't bother to whip out Strunk & White's Elements of Style on you because no one gives a ****.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So, a bit of logic would seem in order about now.

But first, the corrected sentence:

No one on this forum can help you. If you experience post-partum depression, seek professional help.
    You claim you understand Nish is presently pregnant. You also claim to understand that PPD is something that is only relevant once she is no longer pregnant. So, what is it exactly that you felt she would not get help for presently in the forum?

Oh no, let me see... you must have meant that noone on this forum could help her when she has already given birth and has PPD. Right?

No one on this forum will be able to help you. If you experience post-partum depression, seek professional help.
    Is this what you meant? I think its what you are claiming. Seems a bit tangental to the current thread topic, which is to make Nish feel better by venting. Don't you think? Or, perhaps you were just being so very proactive with a post that won't be relevant for several more weeks? I'm sure she would come back and read it for your wisdom.

Ambiguous post. Due to poor writing. Did I say this already? Because that's all I said, and your poor ego just can't seem to handle it. If that was your intent, you failed b/c at least a couple people here misinterpreted your intent. But, I know, it must be b/c they didn't go to Berkeley. LOL.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Then you got on your high horse for 10 posts over the placement of a comma and believe me, you make grammatical errors all the time yourself. People just don't bother to whip out Strunk & White's Elements of Style on you because no one gives a ****.
    Only b/c you felt the need to pull Berkeley out of your ass and you encountered a giant fail in the process that you weren't expecting. Egg on your face and its funny. Now you are swearing b/c you can't win. Bachelors, right? I notice you won't say.

If you had just admitted your mistake, this would have been over pages ago.

Problems admitting error, MVP? I corrected your post, btw.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I have had a friend who had PPD and she needed professional help. My point is simple, if you think you are at-risk for PPD, talk to a medical professional, they can look at your whole situation much better than this forum and offer you concrete steps to deal with it. Dealing with PPD is both preventative and reactive. This thread is quite clearly about PPD (title) and her first post identifies herself as at-risk, my response is quite simple that these are bigger problems than LoveForum.net is capable of dealing with.

And even if you think that it is obvious that people need professional help, it doesn't mean that people seek it. The overwhelming majority of women with PPD never seek professional help. If it comes down to it, seek help.

And you never admitted your error when you called me a dumbass, when you had simply misread. And then you showed your lack of reading ability when you said that you were pregnant once yourself. I can nitpick over your errors all day if I want and point out your numerous errors with commas, but I really don't care. So why do you care so much over a comma? I think its because you don't experience many meaningful things in life. I guess you just have to make do with the small things.

If you want a freebie, there are easily 10 more grammatical errors I have made, as have you. But really, no one gives a ****. Its an online forum.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul

Only b/c you felt the need to pull Berkeley out of your ass and you encountered a giant fail in the process that you weren't expecting. Egg on your face and its funny. Now you are swearing b/c you can't win. Bachelors, right? I notice you won't say.

If you had just admitted your mistake, this would have been over pages ago.

Problems admitting error, MVP? I corrected your post, btw.
    Not at all. You insulting my intelligence is still funny to me, especially since you couldn't read one sentence and got it wrong after it was explained to you. I'll say it again, I graduated Honors from Berkeley, I don't give a **** what you think of me. And my language is always colorful, deal with it. And yes, undergraduate universities award Bachelors, graduate universities award graduate degrees. I start at LSE Fall 2010.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I have had a friend who had PPD and she needed professional help. My point is simple, if you think you are at-risk for PPD, talk to a medical professional, they can look at your whole situation much better than this forum and offer you concrete steps to deal with it. Dealing with PPD is both preventative and reactive. This thread is quite clearly about PPD (title) and her first post identifies herself as at-risk, my response is quite simple that these are bigger problems than LoveForum.net is capable of dealing with.

And even if you think that it is obvious that people need professional help, it doesn't mean that people seek it. The overwhelming majority of women with PPD never seek professional help. If it comes down to it, seek help.
    Well, this is much more clear. Congratulations, finally. Quite a lot different from your post we were discussing. There's some actual context to this. You are saying that LoveForum is not a source of medical advice. I don't think a single poster here disagrees with you. Which leads, tho, to my other question you didn't answer: who actually offered professional advice?

I didn't misread, MVP. That is your error. I said your post was ambiguous in its content. It still is, but this followup post now clarifies your point. Her still being pregnant makes your post largely irrelevant; like you said, she already knows her risk for PPD. But however you want to spin it...

I just think its hilarious that you felt the need to justify your smartness with your school when all else failed. You got busted, when you should have known the internet was against you. In my field, noone really cares where one went to school except when you are interviewing for jobs. You are still at the phase where you think it matters. It matters slightly for getting grants when you have to attach a CV. Papers are only slightly affected by your current academic appointment, noone asks where you went to school. Its okay, tho, I've been there and it is rather funny.

What's more funny tho, is that you still can't seem to handle being corrected. LOL. Go ahead, correct my posts. I guarantee I won't respond the way you have.
    Last edited by IndiReloaded; 13-10-09 at 01:22 PM.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Actually, I corrected you in that post (regarding "Dumbass. She's still pregnant. Not PPD yet." not to mention your 'I've been pregnant' response) and you dropped it from the quote, so I know how you respond to being corrected, you ignore it and pretend nothing happened.

What I just wrote was the same thing I've written all along: "Stating that there are limits to what help you can give on a serious issue. Everything can help to a small degree, my point was simple, if you do experience PPD, you need something bigger than LoveForum.net."

You correcting me didn't bother me in the least, its your attitude when you responded. From your first word being dumbass, and that being my first interaction with you ever. You're one of those really annoying forum posters who nitpicks over a comma and tries to demean people over something completely inconsequential that no rational person gives a **** about. Which is exactly what you've done.

Now I'll happily bring up my education and repeat it all day if I want to. I graduated with Honors from Berkeley, think what you want, it doesn't change anything for me. And going to Harvard really doesn't impress me all that much, I think its a nice achievement, but in my years of debating I've raped every Harvard team I've ever faced, and gotten completely demolished by a pair of hicks from Kentucky University who spoke with long Southern drawls.

At the end of the day though, what I take from this conversation is that I tried to make one helpful suggestion to a woman discussing a very serious issue, and you completely derailed the thread to act like a giant bitch over, what after three pages of arguing, has condensed down to the placement of a comma. What is wrong with you?
    Last edited by MVPlaya; 13-10-09 at 01:41 PM.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    And yes, undergraduate universities award Bachelors, graduate universities award graduate degrees. I start at LSE Fall 2010.
    What the hell are you blathering on about? You mean you can't get a graduate degree from Berkeley? LOL, sure you can... I know a couple. Another one of your ambiguous posts, MVP?

Generally, MVP, (since you are clearly ignorant on the subject) *teaching* colleges award primarily undergrad degrees. Research universities award both. I've never heard of a 'graduate university'. Graduate *schools*, yes (e.g. LSE). Not what you describe. I'm not aware of a university that only awards graduate degrees.

But, you must know more about this topic than me also.

I see. You can swear and call me bitch but your ego can't handle being called dumbass. LOL, you won't survive a minute in academia. I can't wait for you to give your first talk at a conference.
    Last edited by IndiReloaded; 13-10-09 at 01:43 PM.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

What the hell are you blathering on about? You mean you can't get a graduate degree from Berkeley? LOL, sure you can... I know a couple. Another one of your ambiguous posts, MVP?
    If this is ambiguous to you you are just ****ing stupid. I did my undergrad at Berkeley. Doing my graduate work at LSE. You can't pretend that is unclear. If that is unclear, then I really fear for your reading comprehension.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Wow, you really do have a reading/writing disorder.

You said 'undergrad universities' award undergrad degrees. 'Graduate universities' award graduate degrees.

I'm telling you, clearly, there is no such distinction. That is not what they are called. Is that plain enough for you? Another poorly written post, unclear and just plain incorrect.

There is no way I can know, just from you telling me you have a degree from Berkeley, what the degree level is. I could guess you are an undergrad based on your poor quality posts, but not for certain. I know people with PhDs from Berkeley. That is NOT an undergraduate degree.

God, you are stupid. I need to find someone smarter to post to. Night MVP.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

There is no way I can know, just from you telling me you have a degree from Berkeley, what the degree level is.
    What began as doubts as to your stupidity have been replaced with certainty.

I've gotten into my number 1 pick both for undergrad and grad, Berkeley and LSE.
    My undergraduate education was mostly covered by a debate scholarship and part-time work, I came out with $4,372 in debt. Like I said, Berkeley was my number one pick, I didn't want to spend money on a private school so I went to the best Public University in the world, and thats Berkeley.
    Berkeley beats your undergraduate school, and I'd pick my graduate school over yours any day of the week for what I study, Economics.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I read that. Still ambiguous. You seem to have trouble with this concept.

Your post says you did an undergrad at Berkeley. For all I know you could have done a masters there as well. You didn't specify. The fact you made a point of explicitly mentioning your 'undergraduate education' implies you have another. The only people who describe their education that way are those who have a higher degree, generally. Which we now know you don't. Tho, a later post mentions a graduate school, so even more confusing. Tho you have been accepted into a graduate program, so that might explain your jump in language. Are you going to be one of those people who puts their degree on their signature with the subscript (pending) too? LOL.

Also, you are still sliding over the mistake I just pointed out. There is no such thing as the type of university you mention. Understand? I can't say it any more clearly than this. Stick to what you actually know about. Pregnancy and how universities are run are not your subjects of strength.

There is no such thing as the type of university you mention. Teaching colleges offer mostly undergrad degrees, research universities offer both grad & undergrad. Berkeley offers PhDs in a number of areas.

Is this rocket science too hard for you to understand?
    Last edited by IndiReloaded; 13-10-09 at 02:03 PM.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast