New here... so hey all... just after some advice on how to proceed in a work situation. Or not to proceed whichever you guys think is best...

Been at my current job for nearly a year now, big office...several work relationships so it's not frowned upon or anything. There's this guy... not had much contact with him as we work on different projects but we were away for a work thing in a group a couple of weeks ago and after several drinks a small group of us were drinking together and he started to make a move. Anyways I stayed in his room, very clear that there would be nothing other than kissing going on and he was OK with this. He mentioned that he'd fancied me bla bla bla, I discount this kind of thing cos he was most likely just drunk and trying his luck BUT in the morning when I said I was going to leave he asked me to stay and insisted that I came back after I'd gone back to my room to pick up some stuff. I thought that was pretty sweet and so we just chatted and kissed for a couple more hours. Anyways then I did leave; he gave me a kiss and we didnt really see eachother during that day at the work event as it was a work event. We did chat briefly over lunch but nothing major.

I sent him an email on the Monday to ask about the name of a restuarant and he replied but gave me the wrong restaurant name so I then just said I meant the other one. But he responded in person when I walked past him on his floor in the office. I took this as a bad sign as email is a great way to flirt but my male friends think this was a perfectly normal thing for him to do? Anyways after that I just sometimes have to go down to his floor to see people I do work with and he does look over and we smile at eachother. We've chatted a couple of times but just work stuff really; slightly jokey but it is really hard. My office is quite formal a lot of the time and he seems to take his job very seriously. He also often seems very shy and a bit awkward so not sure he'd be forward at all.

I'm not normally the kind of girl to get worked up on these things and tend to think if a guy doesnt take your number after a hookup he's not interested but I work with the guy. I dated someone from work at my old job and when we hooked up he never took my number and we just eventually started dating but that was a more informal office and we always had work drinks. Theres not that many social events at my current company so waiting for another opportunity could take months and I'd rather just know if he's at all interested.

He's perfectly friendly and I'm not exactly putting myself out there either but just wanted to get some advice on how to let him know I'm interested without being really obvious...

Thanks so much

LG