+ Follow This Topic

Thread: why are we not even good friends anymore?

why are we not even good friends anymore?

Hi everyone

so my gf broke up with me about 2 months ago. I was heartbroken and shocked about it. When she broke up with me, she did the usual "but I still wanna be really good friends with you" routine.

Anyways, the first several weeks, I was really hurt, and I still wanted her back but knew I couldnt. I did the whole "no contact" thing for a couple weeks, and it actually helped a lot. It helped me get over her a little bit, so that I wasnt at the point of thinking about her every damn day and night and being depressed about it.

At this point, I've accepted the fact that I probably wont be able to get back together with her. At the same time, I still really want to have a great friendship with her since we have a lot in common and can talk to each other about everything.

However, we have only talked to each other sporadically this summer and only hung out once. And the one time we hung out....she seemed a bit cold to me. Definitely wasn't the way it was BEFORE we got together, when we were good friends.

So I'm wondering, why is she being kinda cold to me? She rarely initiates contact/conversation with me. When I do, I've very kind/friendly, and I don't show any indication of wanting to hook up again. All I want is to be great friends with her again. SHE was the one that broke up with me and said she wanted to stay great friends with me. However, she doesnt seem to be doing that.

I know she's not seeing anyone else, if that matters at all...

Any suggestions?

Its probably her way of getting over you? Often, even when people break it off and they know for certain they don't want a relationship with that person, they still have some left over attachments. Let her be and maybe after some time, she can be normal again.