+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is this flirting?

Is this flirting?

So there's a girl I know from an organization I belong to who I have noticed likes to softly hit me on the forearm during conversations. Normally I would assume this to be flirtatious but in this case there are a few other complications.

We both belong to an organization where everything is very public so I dont want anything to be done on a whim. Also, I could be wrong about this, but there is no immediate rush to ask her out or anything since I should be seeing her often enough for a while. The thing that I am trying to figure out is if she does this with anyone else, basically is it her thing to gently slap guys on the forearm if she finds something funny. It happened out of the blue this whole transition from not really knowing her to hanging out once in the context of our organization and then next thing I know this seemingly flirty behavior. Shes even done the flirty slap thing from a distance that was too far to actually reach me...she like went to slap me and couldnt reach from where she was, which I thought was adorable

I would have to assume that its flirtation because the night that it started she, out of character with who I knew her to be in general and with me, was saying "he's so cute," to the girls we were hanging out with, and "youre so funny," to me. I dont rememeber saying anything all that funny either

Sorry for the long question/post but ladies, what do you think? Do any of you gals do this? THANKS!

it happened to me once,
    Last edited by don'tcry; 29-11-09 at 09:38 AM.

Ah sounds like flirting to me. If youre going to be seein each other for a while then dont rush things. Eventually she'll give more obvious clues if she thinks youre not catching on

Im trying to figure out whether or not I should employ the help of a friend. I told my buddy one night last week that Im real into this girl and how she had been acting. He gave me this big grin when I told her what she was doing and all and he offered to "put in a good word for me" with her since they know each other pretty well. I told him not to. What do you ladies think? I dont think I would really want a good word put in on my behalf but perhaps have him say something to her about what I told him and see how she reacts. I hate having crushes.

If they know each other well he might have already told her. I wouldnt have him 'put in a word' for you but maybe mention something you said or something to see if it prompts her to keep talking about you. Dont have a middle man though thats so junior high