+ Follow This Topic

Thread: security and weirdos

security and weirdos

Ironically after saying recently how free-loving I am with my security and not living in my own prison, I got a scare and an awakening. When I get scared I cry--its pathetic. Anyway my business number is advertised everywhere and on my jeep that I drive. For the past year I have been consistently receiving text messages from the same guy at midnight and have just ignored it. I’ve had some weirdo calls and ignored them but this morning I got what I consider a freaky phone call for business. Part of the problem is my job entails going to people’s homes. So my instincts kicked in and the call stank beyond my own belief because I began to ask some questions that revealed how much it stank. I was shaking and broke down after the call.

I’m left man-less because my house mate has left and I just feel so vulnerable now in the house on my own. I am advertising for someone else to move in and am now feeling weird about strangers coming in to view. I need a man to protect me---now that is pathetic-. Honestly now I understand why people have bf’s if even just for that reason--yikes. Anyway now I’m scared and am trying to think of what is the best solution. I’ve looked into self defence classes but haven’t heard anything back yet from them. Has anyone any other suggestions?
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I never fully understood a male's instinct to protect the females until I started living with my girlfriend.

You could buy a gun.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    You could buy a gun.
    A `no no` in Europe

Eco be carefull out there , but don`t get paranoid, maybe it`s some stupid teenager who doesn`t know what to do with his money credit on his cell phone. If it starts to be more annoying and more scarry, You can always tell the police. If it`ll be serious enough, they can track the number and find this guy.
    I wazzzz here

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She could buy a 2x4 with some rusty nails sticking out of it.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She could always use a knife,hammer,pan,`kick & punch`,a dog (like amstaff or something)etc etc...
    Actually dog is a good idea. Eco You could buy a dog, train him so he would defend You. I think German shepherd dog is one of the best defending dogs. Those dogs after some training are polite and they listen to their owners.They also are very `family`dogs , they don`t attack their owners or children, actually they stay very polite with children (and we know what kids like to do with dogs ) . And besides, that`s why police use those dogs
    I wazzzz here

the scary part was the fact that; had i not been more aware and asked more questions i could have easily turned up on the doorstep to 2 psychos and walked right into the house. my services are mainly in demand from women and it was a man calling for his gf and i asked to speak to her and she came on the phone and it was obvious she didn't have any idea about what i offer and the answers were paused and nonsensical (which ordinarily i would have wondered about but just ignored and gone ahead and told her all about what i offer but it was all too weird, tone of voices etc). so i knew there was more going on. i'm not sure having a weapon or dragging a dog along would help or be viable. i unfortunately have to rely on the tone of voice on the phone of the person looking for my services. it was completely obvious by the end of the phone call that they had another agenda in mind, what? i don't know. i don;t want to get para but i am now thinking more about my security on the job more carefully.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching