+ Follow This Topic

Thread: worried

worried

For two years now I've been broken up with my ex girlfriend. She's had 3 or 4 relationships since then, and now she's entering another. I worry that she might get married or have kids with that person... I dream about it sometimes and I wake up in a cold sweat.

I feel like I have everything now that we used to want (my own place, independence, great job, etc.) but I am missing her. I know she's moved on, but if I wait too long... she will eventually meet somebody new and they both will really like each other.

When I'm away from town, my feelings for her are so strong... when I have time to think, I think about her constantly.

I don't know what to do... I'm caught in the past... I wonder if I should just email her and let her know what I've been upto, and maybe also say that things are different now.

Write an email with all of your thoughts about her, but don't send it. It will make it easier for you to move on. You'll find someone better.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

I've done that in the past... it helps, but temporarily.

I'm not one to complain... but I've been single for two entire years. I'm having problems meeting somebody who is as attractive as she is.

Looks fade with time. Maybe, you need to find someone who understands and admires you instead and who is secure enough not to go through multiple relationships in a row?
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

I would write her an e-mail just to catch up, reestablish contact if you no longer have contact with her. Once you reestablished contact, invite he for some coffee or something to catch up. Go on from there.

I personally look at whats the worst thing that could happen. Worst off, she doesn't want to have anything to do with you. Isn't that your current situation?

Most likely though, you'll need to get over her.

Quote Originally Posted by adviceneeded View Post
    For two years now I've been broken up with my ex girlfriend. She's had 3 or 4 relationships since then, and now she's entering another. I worry that she might get married or have kids with that person... I dream about it sometimes and I wake up in a cold sweat.

I feel like I have everything now that we used to want (my own place, independence, great job, etc.) but I am missing her. I know she's moved on, but if I wait too long... she will eventually meet somebody new and they both will really like each other.

When I'm away from town, my feelings for her are so strong... when I have time to think, I think about her constantly.

I don't know what to do... I'm caught in the past... I wonder if I should just email her and let her know what I've been upto, and maybe also say that things are different now.
    You are what I fear to become the most. I tend to remember people, sometimes it is hard to let go.
    Don't expect anything.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by adviceneeded View Post
    I'm having problems meeting somebody who is as attractive as she is.
    No, you have problems comparing every new girl to your ex. That is the problem not meeting someone attractive. In your head: there IS no one more attractive. In reality: there is ALWAYS someone more attractive.

Think about that for a minute. You've put up a block that says: no girl will ever compare to my ex girl. And what kind of mental patient would sign up to be your second best? A crazzzzy mental person. And who wants one of those?!

So get over her, she's your ex for a reason. She has changed, you have not- you're still hooked on her.