+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Feelings of insecurities

Feelings of insecurities

I just need a bit of advice really.

I have been with my bf for one year now. I stay with him a lot at his place. He lives in a shared house. Next month a girl is moving in who is very attractive. I am also an attractive girl, i do know that. But i am struggling a lot with this is my own head. I am scared that he will want her and will see things in her that i don't have etc.

I know it all sounds really immature but how do I combat these feelings and put my mind in perspective? I'm a 25 year old woman and I know I need to get a grip. I told my bf of my feelings. He said that he loves me and that I am being silly. I do know that but how do I handle this situation for the best?

x

You said, you talked to him about it. Thats great, but once is enough. Don't pester him with it everytime you feel insecure, it will make you feel better, but might be annoying for him. It might push him away.

If your man never had the intention of cheating on you, the fact the a woman lives in the same house as him shouldn't change that.

I'd suggest getting to know this girl and befriending her.You already spend alot of time there, so you'll be seing alot of her. It is my understanding that friends don't tend to backstab their friends.

Good luck and take care!

Hi, thanks for your message. :-)

I will take your advice. But i still can't get rid of the physically sick feeling I have.

I agree with EndlessRomantic, befriending her is a good idea, and will help you feel more confident about yourself, and his living situation. But I do understand your feelings of insecurities. They probably won't go away until the girl is moved in and settled. Try and spend some chill time with your boyfriend - do things that will remind him why you are so awesome! Plus, if you hang around his place a lot already, and have no plans of changing that, then his attention will be focused on you. Just don't smother him with issues or desperate attempts for attention.