+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Friend that could be more...

Friend that could be more...

I've known this girl since about 6th grade or so and we hung out some at school during the beginning of high school and now we are both seniors and she just recently added me on facebook (very happy she found me. I tried looking for her) and since that day, we talk on facebook chat almost every night, I got her number and we text now and then. We've hung out about 3 times (all of which where her ideas) since we met up again. 2 of which where bike rides and the 3rd time I showed her around my work place (I work at a TV station) and then we messed around at Target for a while. Now the problem is: From the perspective of an outsider looking in, this looks like the feeling is mutual between me and her. Like our friendship might be going further. But thats where that hits a brick wall for me.
    One night while talking on facebook I had slipped in something to see how she would react on the concept of us two dating; My brother's girlfriend had asked me how our "date" went after one of our bike rides so I told her that story and she came back with a response of "lol I know right? My mom thinks all my guy friends want to date. But I tell her nope, they're just my buds" and that was a bit of a blow to me. I like her a lot and I would like to ask her out but I don't know after a comment like that. The last thing I want is to ask her out, have her say no, then have our friendship be weird or possibly end. But I also don't want to go on with life regretting not asking her the question, and wondering what could have been.

I could really use some help. I just don't know what to do in a situation like this. She is all I can think about.

There is of course no rewind button in life, so if you ask her out, there really isn't any way to go back. What you need to ask yourself is: Am I content and able to cope with the idea of just being friend FOREVER! If you answer is no, ask her out. Worst that can happen, you never see her again, but the idea of being her friend to you was not acceptable, so atleast you aren't is a situation you can't accept.

As to how to ask her out, timing in life and love is crucial. It can make, break your chances. You need to pop the question when you are in a confortable situation. Don't ask her in an e-mail or on facebook. Once you are on a "date" be flirty and make her laugh. Ask her when you feel the timing is right.

Hope this helps. Have no regret, live your life!