+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does she like me?

Does she like me?

I'm in high school and there's a girl I like a lot, does she like me?

Most of the time when I randomly look up i can see that she looks at me and smiles, she also smiles a lot to me when I pass by or say hi. Also some days ago we were standing next in line to talk to a teacher, suddenly she noticed that I was beside her and she looked at me, smiling, and then quickly looked away again. Also she leaned towards me a bit.

Another thing: We recently got a new subject so we could sit wherever we would in the classroom. Me and my mates usually sit in the front next to the window, pershaps she knew this so she went there (I took the chair beside her), and she smiled and looked at me.

Basically I feel that she likes me... Is it true?

I feel she's kinda shy, should I make the first move? Just ask her for some private time (or wait for it) and then tell her I like her? What should be her response if she likes me?
    Last edited by GSAA; 27-08-09 at 11:31 PM.

It sure seems like she likes you ... about 99% sure ... she seems to be going through a lot of effort to show you she does.

You can't wait around expecting her to say something though, especially if she's shy. You just have to take the bull by the horns and start a conversation soon, or she may think that you aren't interested in her.

Don't overthink this, GSAA ... just start a normal conversation with her about anything ... classes, activities, etc. then LISTEN to her and respond. Just try to be casual and "normal," your interest will be enough at this point. Don't try to be "cool" and don't profess your undying love. Make a friend first, the rest will follow in due time.

If you get on well, ask her to do something together. If she likes you too, you will have a new girlfriend!

Good luck.

Carl.

Quote Originally Posted by carl1222 View Post
    You can't wait around expecting her to say something though, especially if she's shy. You just have to take the bull by the horns and start a conversation soon, or she may think that you aren't interested in her.
    Well her interest isn't so sudden, in fact I've noticed it for about 5 months... But I haven't been too interested in her until now. So it wouldn't be better just telling her that I like her (since I know 99% she likes me)?

I suppose at your ages, it probably wouldn't hurt. Later you will learn that expressing strong feelings out of nowhere is a bad idea, creepy even, but in high school years, it's relatively normal.

I still think it's better to strike up a nice conversation or two before expressing romantic feelings. If nothing else, you can see if she's someone you'd like to know and not just someone you are attracted to.

Carl.

5 months!? you need to get to work now kid. by the way she likes you.

Quote Originally Posted by help View Post
    5 months!? you need to get to work now kid. by the way she likes you.
    Yeah but it's hard since I'm shy.

Quote Originally Posted by GSAA View Post
    Yeah but it's hard since I'm shy.

No time like the present to start working on getting over that. She's just a girl, not a diety. If she turns you down (unlikely) it will hurt your feelings and your self-esteem a bit, but you'll get over it. In any event, a rejection is FAR better than missing an opportunity because you were afraid to pursue it.

Ask yourself ... what's the worst that can really happen? You have nothing at all to lose (after all, the result of rejecting yourself through inaction is no different than getting rejected by her).

Carl.

In agreement with carl: Don't put pussy on the pedestal.

Its obvious this girl is interested in you or thinks you're a nice guy. Good start. Shes been at it for a while. Even better.

Now if you havent talked with her much aside from "hi's and smiles" then please start a conversation. If you notice something she always does like chews on her pencil then call her out on it and tell her its cute or if she plays soccer then talk about something soccerish or even something you like that she reminds you of, SOMETHING!

If the conversation really gets going then ask her if she wants to do something later (have something in mind, and something small like going to a pizza place or bowling or whatever). If the conversation was tiny but pleasant then keep it at that and start a conversation with her again later. Keep it up for a few days, a week, two weeks.. however long until she starts talking to you more freely then ask her if she'd like to go somewhere.

So I began talking to her today, for about an hour. I know much mrie about her now and she seemed interested, we flirted quite a bit. Unfortunately I didn't break the touch barrier and i didn't give her my number either... Now what to do?

If I send her a "Good night" message tonight, will it seem strange? Since she hasn't given me her number but I'll have to find it in the yellow pages...

The flirting is a great sign. If she weren't interested, she wouldn't have given that vibe.

A little light touching would be great. Nothing intimate ... just a hand on her arm. The best time is when you are laughing about something, it will seem more natural.

If you want to talk with her on the phone, or to text her, ask for her number rather than "tracking her down." It's nice to get permission first.

Carl.

The flirting is a great sign. If she weren't interested, she wouldn't have given that vibe.

A little light touching would be great. Nothing intimate ... just a hand on her arm. The best time is when you are laughing about something, it will seem more natural.

If you want to talk with her on the phone, or to text her, ask for her number rather than "tracking her down." It's nice to get permission first.

Carl.
    OK, should I give her my number first though? If she's interested maybe she'll give me yours?

Thanks for your help so far.

Quote Originally Posted by GSAA View Post
    OK, should I give her my number first though? If she's interested maybe she'll give me yours?

Thanks for your help so far.

Hahaha ... I don't think she has my number!

Sure, offer her your number first, then ask for hers. To avoid any misunderstanding though, if you exchange numbers, it's your job to call her first.

Carl.

Sure, offer her your number first, then ask for hers. To avoid any misunderstanding though, if you exchange numbers, it's your job to call her first.
    OK, if I get her number tomorrow would it be appropriate to call her the same day? Too early?

Hopefully I'll get the courage to ask her out next weekend...

If i were you I wouldnt call her the same day cuz it makes you seem too eager. make her wait a lil while. at least till the middle of the next day. No more than 3 days though -_- cuz that kindve says "I'll get to you when im good and ready..." Whereas the middle of next day says "Im excited to be with you and youve been on my mind all night"

Quote Originally Posted by bloodtippedrose View Post
    If i were you I wouldnt call her the same day cuz it makes you seem too eager. make her wait a lil while. at least till the middle of the next day. No more than 3 days though -_- cuz that kindve says "I'll get to you when im good and ready..." Whereas the middle of next day says "Im excited to be with you and youve been on my mind all night"
    OK, thanks. Would it be OK to ask for her Windows Live Messenger as well? The problem is I dunno if she has it...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast