+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What to do? I'm super super confused. i think.

What to do? I'm super super confused. i think.

hey all,

I am a first time user, so yeah. Well here it goes.

Basically i met this girl 2 and a half years ago on a flight back home when i was still in first year of university. and we got to know each other and all. Back then we kinda met up a couple of times during the holidays, it was nothing much just being friendly and catching up.

Things started getting stronger in second year, I finally spoke to her more and I could really feel something for her. So I went to meet up with her at her college, and spend the day together and told her how I felt. She said to me "Oh my days, I'm so sorry I didn't know you felt this way. I really like you too but right now is not the time. Maybe in the future or something. but i really want to stay as friends." And i was like ah ok, was kinda expecting it but she was really nice about it. Despite what happened, we still continued to meet up during the holidays and the feeling was kinda going away after a while and in the beginning of third year I really didnt see her much.

In the 2nd half, I started seeing her quite often at her college cause my friend was doing an exchange programme. She was still really cool about everything and for some reason our friendship just suddenly developed after one night. I started saying all these things I didn't say the first time round (I had quite a bit to drink). And she was really moved by it.

And over this summer, we saw each other a lot more and began to be more honest each other. She would remember all the meet ups we had and what we wear and the stuff we did, basically everything. Basically she completely and totally trust me. She even told me her pin code to her bank card (out of randomness). But despite this, she liked somebody else. And even though she knew exactly how I felt about her, she didn't seem to mind at all. She would be like omg ure amazing and u were so cute when u were walking around tipsy looking so vulnerable and innocent. And she would just do a lot of stuff for me. She would just say things friends (even really close ones) wouldn't say to each other ( I think). And I just got really confused. Finally, the day before she flew back home I said I will miss you and I hate how I know i will never be with you. She said I will miss you too and thanks for everything plus some other stuff.

I know it sounds really confusing, cause it is and I kinda wrote this in a very unstructured manner. Shes seeing somebody else now and i know the stance shes taking with me which is just be really good friends. and to be honest shes like that with very few of her other friends. things got a bit difficult for me now cause it's been too long and I have been ignoring her I just dont want to get tortured by something like that. What do you think I should do? Has anyone been in a situation like this before? Cause I have no clue.

She's leading you on for nothing. Get a grip and move on with your life. You can still be friends though