+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: playing easy to get

playing easy to get

Do any other woman here tend to fall for guys who are easy to get. Easy to get as in that despite their shortcomings, they exude confidence and you just get swept away by their go getting spirit. They ask you out, you reject them or you play a bit of hard to get. Perhaps, because you have cool feelings towards him or he isn't the type you normally would date. They keep on trying so you finally decide to give it a chance.

You admire their persistent and protective nature. And they are the type of guys who makes you feel safe with them and they will never let you wondering where you stand in the relationship. They make you feel adored at all times. And before you know it, you fall deep in love with them. Those are the types of guys I find desirable in a long term partner. I don't know about the others but I find guys who gives up easily (in anything in life) unattractive. I'm one of those people who appreciate a man and never be annoyed with one who has the courage to asks me out (in a respectful way). If I don't return those feelings, I will still be flattered and have increased respect for him.

What do the other females in this forum think? Am I the only one who isn't even slightly annoyed by a persistent guy?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    LOL. Why is it that all young females want to believe they are special or different from most others? Its such a typical mindset.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Then you agree with me Indi? : )

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't mind being complimented. I agree it takes balls for a guy to approach a woman, especially nowadays. I can't tell you anything about falling for them. Tho I suppose my husband was persistent back in our dating days, now I think about it.

I just found it amusing you chose to phrase it as a way to distinguish yourself from other females. That self-psych is as old as the hills.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I find persistence over rated. For every girl that rewards guy's persistence when the girl play's hard to get there are ten girls who just want to use him and dispose of him as soon as they find someone who treats them as equal (a guy being strong, firm, who can stand up for himself, who doesn't take crap from anyone including women and who is not a door mat is what worthy women find attractive in a man). I don't buy into whimpering persistence and continuous asking out of a woman playing hard to get, asking out once or twice should be enough. If it's still a no then the girl can play those games with some one else.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Mishanya has it absolutely right. While the custom of guys making the first approach is still alive and well, the modern confident man has little patience for a protracted version of the "chase me" game because they realize that girls are just people, not prizes to be won. So the guy who won't take "no" for an answer is NOT the highly desirable (to women) confident achiever as you assume, but is either 1) an obsessed doormat; or 2) a player who likes the challenge of the conquest. Both are far from the ideal man you describe.

Carl.

Do you mind elaborate door mat? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    By Giving You The Finger, Not The Index Or Pinky, Nor The Ring Or The Thumb, I Am Able To Tell You To **** Off Without Wasting My Breath.
    I like this

Quote Originally Posted by Reath View Post
    Do you mind elaborate door mat? Thanks.

A guy is a "doormat" if he does everything to please his girlfriend ... even if her demands are unreasonable. The typical doormat believes a girl will love him more if he gives her everything she wants and dedicates his life to pleasing her ... sort of a spin-off of the "knight in shining armor" syndrome where a guy dedicates his life to fixing a girl's problems hoping it will make her love him. In truth, most girls find this quality very unattractive, and many will push the limits just to test him, hoping he will stand up to her bullsh*t (an attractive quality).

A confident, self-assured man will want to please his girlfriend as well, but never puts her up so high on a pedestal that he demands nothing in return. The "doormat" label is a simile for someone who lies on her front step and lets her wipe her feet on him.

Carl.
    Last edited by carl1222; 31-08-09 at 05:37 PM.

I still don't get it... what unreasonable request? I do understand the part he dedicate his life to please the girl. Do you have any examples in layman's term? English isn't my forte, thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    By Giving You The Finger, Not The Index Or Pinky, Nor The Ring Or The Thumb, I Am Able To Tell You To **** Off Without Wasting My Breath.
    I like this

sure.

Examples:

You have plans to meet your friends after work on Tuesday. Your girlfriend says "I don't want you to go, come over and see me Tuesday night instead."

A confident guy says "Sorry, but I already have plans ... I can see you Wednesday if you'd like"

A doormat cancels his plans with his friends and goes to see his girlfriend instead.

Your girlfriend sees an expensive ring that she really likes in a store. She knows you can't afford it, but tries to get you to buy it anyway.

A confident guy says "I can't get that for you now" and probably remembers it for her birthday.

A doormat buys her the ring and eats cheese sandwiches for a month because he has no money left.

Your girlfriend starts a fight over a small disagreement.

A confident guy says "Stop your bullsh*t and stop being a brat."

A doormat says "You're right, I'm sorry!"

Carl.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by carl1222 View Post
    A married man says "You're right, I'm sorry!"
    Carl, I agreed with your whole post except this last point. You've never been married, have you?
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Carl, I agreed with your whole post except this last point. You've never been married, have you?

Yeah Indi ... but the difference between a married man and a doormat in this situation is that the doormat is actually listening to what he is agreeing to, right?

Carl.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Of course, Carl. The husbands do get their own back. Here's a few I've heard over the years:

Marriage - the reason for bars.

Marriage - Why bother? Just find a girl you hate and give her your house.

Difference b/t marriage & a mental hospital - When you show improvement in the mental hospital, they let you out.

--Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

That's why a guy should marry a doormat girl
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I just found it amusing you chose to phrase it as a way to distinguish yourself from other females. That self-psych is as old as the hills.
    The last "What do the other females in this forum think? Am I the only one who isn't even slightly annoyed by a persistent guy?" is an actual question in search of the opinion of other female LF posters. Not a rhetorical self-promoting one.

Quote Originally Posted by carl1222 View Post
    sure.

Examples:

You have plans to meet your friends after work on Tuesday. Your girlfriend says "I don't want you to go, come over and see me Tuesday night instead."

A confident guy says "Sorry, but I already have plans ... I can see you Wednesday if you'd like"

A doormat cancels his plans with his friends and goes to see his girlfriend instead.

Your girlfriend sees an expensive ring that she really likes in a store. She knows you can't afford it, but tries to get you to buy it anyway.

A confident guy says "I can't get that for you now" and probably remembers it for her birthday.

A doormat buys her the ring and eats cheese sandwiches for a month because he has no money left.

Your girlfriend starts a fight over a small disagreement.

A confident guy says "Stop your bullsh*t and stop being a brat."

A doormat says "You're right, I'm sorry!"

Carl.
    I don't mean guys who are doormats and put aside everything in his life for a girl. I mean guys who persists in asking out a girl even when she says no the first few times.

I don't know what you mean by the confident modern men who sees women as people, not prizes to be won.

I think all women would be flattered to have a guy see her as valuable enough for the persistent chasing. And I know the guy who I will be serious with will have to meet that criteria.

When a men persists in asking a girl out, it shows devotion and it shows to the girl, he is serious about her. In this modern era where men just "picks up" girls everywhere in the street and wants to "add a notch to his bedposts", you don't know who is serious and who is not.

Mish and carl, I appreciate your opinion on this matter. Just need a few more opinion from the females in the forum.
    Last edited by lastwish; 01-09-09 at 12:31 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast