+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Still single after all these years

Quote Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
    Well Her family was from Pakistan..
    So? What does that matter?

it just wasn't going to work out

MikeL wishing you the best of luck. Hang in there you will know when you meet that right person for you

I sure hope so

I wonder if this shows

felt good dressing up in a suit lol everyone kept asking who was I trying to impress.

felt good dressing up in a suit lol everyone kept asking who was I trying to impress.
    lol I need to buy a suit, but I need a female to help me

my small size I don't have very much to pick from lol.. going to buy a few more this summer

my small size I don't have very much to pick from lol.. going to buy a few more this summer
    I just have no taste for clothes... make me buy something technological and I'll get the best, but clothes... damn... I still wear t-shirts with funny drawings every day

Mike, you don't go to bars/clubs, places like that. How about going to a house party?
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Quote Originally Posted by Asip4u View Post
    Mike, you don't go to bars/clubs, places like that. How about going to a house party?
    ha I'm really a introvert I'm sure that does not help much of anything

Hey Mike!

Funny that you are posting about what you should do to meet a girl when the actual process of having made this thread on a public forum could lead some empathic girl to simply ask you out! (Or at least develop an interest in you)

Mike, I hate it so much when people tell me I am a weirdo for not liking to party and drink. I can totally relate to your worries about many people our age wanting to do all that stuff, and I don't think any less of people who do like it but it just isn't who I am, and you certainly shouldn't have to change who you are to find a girl either. It's very awesome that you know who you are and what type of girl you don'tt want.. and stick to those standards! You will find someone who appreciates who you are.

I met my boyfriend randomly one day when a friend added him into an MSN conversation with me and we just hit it off... we talked the whole night until the morning... and then (while looking like zombies) we took the risk and simply met in real life the next day. Risky huh?!! LOL actually he turned up at at the cinema where I work (my friend and he had planned on seeing a movie anyway) and I hid for a while, just looking at him through the cameras. But then I went out there and chatted to him... POINT is... keep being who you are but if you take a risk too you might land one superbly awesome chick!

I understand about taking risks but I tend to sum up a girl within the first few glances if I don't know her or passing by. Maybe not the best way to to do A person told me awhile back. If you wanted to meet and marry a women you need to go out west or visit south pretty much everyone is taken in the northeast.. The more the days go by I seem to think it's true.

I went to a bar about 3 years ago with some family members I met this girl turns out she was from New York.. anyways we chatted for a few but nothing big came from it.. but ugh some drunk girl was leaving and she bumped her beer bottle into mine really hard and it shattered in my hand. it sucked she was so drunk. now that is a CLEAR sign of who I don't want.

Well... judging a girl by just a few glances really limits any chances you might have had of discovering that she is better than who you initially thought she was. Just see for yourself where that pattern of thinking has gotten you... and decide if it is or isn't worth broadening your mind a little and giving them a chance. That's the risk I'm talking about, the risk of still being who you are but opening up a little. No one is going to be perfect or exactly as you expect, but there is a high chance that someone out there will be satisfactory and a liking may grow into more... Love at first sight doesn't work for everyone. And the bottle shattering in your hand? OUCH! Yah, I totally understand if you hate her for that lol

Ummm... I'm 24 and most of my girlfriends are actively looking for love and do not have kids so I don't know where you're getting this "too interesting in partying/2+ kids" data.

Maybe you are looking in the wrong place for women. Maybe you are living in the wrong city to attract the type of woman you want. Maybe you just need to shed your shy shell and be a bit more confident and outgoing EVEN if it goes against your nature. One thing I've learned over the past year is that relationships aren't just going to fall into your lap. You have to actively seek them out and weed through the undesirables to find a good match.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast