+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Still single after all these years

If you put yourself out there and just socialize more and be around women, sometimes good things happen. Some girls if they're really into you, they'll make the move first so you never know. The point is as Laila mentioned to keep looking and even though the shy thing may be a problem, as long as you're there and trying it'll happen.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Quote Originally Posted by LailaK View Post
    Ummm... I'm 24 and most of my girlfriends are actively looking for love and do not have kids so I don't know where you're getting this "too interesting in partying/2+ kids" data.

Maybe you are looking in the wrong place for women. Maybe you are living in the wrong city to attract the type of woman you want. Maybe you just need to shed your shy shell and be a bit more confident and outgoing EVEN if it goes against your nature. One thing I've learned over the past year is that relationships aren't just going to fall into your lap. You have to actively seek them out and weed through the undesirables to find a good match.
    I live 40 min away from NYC and people are like WOW you are lucky... it depends sometimes it can help or hurt.. hurting in a way because any female can be distracted because well the city has a big picking..

I used to go every month with my friend but I've been busy trying to get a project ready in the next 2 weeks.

I don't know how much more confident I have to be.. what do I need to do have my penis budging out of my pants? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Asip4u View Post
    If you put yourself out there and just socialize more and be around women, sometimes good things happen. Some girls if they're really into you, they'll make the move first so you never know. The point is as Laila mentioned to keep looking and even though the shy thing may be a problem, as long as you're there and trying it'll happen.
    Why is it I have better luck when I'm 400 miles from home? Long distant stuff does not work and I don't care how many people say that it can work. Hell I've had better luck when I was in Canada... But get back home it's like something else...

Quote Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
    I don't know how much more confident I have to be.. what do I need to do have my penis budging out of my pants? LOL
    You don't need that! A smile and a gentlemanly demeanor along with a few choice words should be enough to attract a nice girl.

Crazy thing about it!

Getting a date believe it or not can have little or nothing at all to do with looks, with women it is all about confidence! A man with an healthy ego is a turn on, we need to sense that confidence NOT arrogance! Two totally different things, but I am sure EVERYTHING will work out fine. The right girl will come along when you least expect it!

I never display arrogance what I do notice is the guy's that do display this tend to get the ladies...

Hmmm I think I might be on to something here..

Went food shopping again and the first time I saw this girl at the check out I was like hmm she's cute we glanced at each other a few times.. I looked away and checked the corner of my eye if she looked and she did a few times..

So few weeks pass and I ran into her again.. same glancing looks and I think I got a little smile this older guy was asking if her nails had flags on it and I was standing about 6 ft away and I turned to look too and she was grinning and I got a little quick smile.

Maybe next time I will run into her I can spark up a little convo

Only thing is I hope she is a decent age.. so hard to tell these days and I still look like Im 18 when I'm going on 26 this year.

Mike, you're still young. 25 is nothing. Plus you're a guy.

Do you have any hobbies or interests outside the whole internet thing?
    Learn to love yourself - the only 100% unconditional love you'll ever get

yeah I work on my car and I do weddings

Do you have any interests that involves some sort of social activity?
    Learn to love yourself - the only 100% unconditional love you'll ever get

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I just want to say that photo of you in the tan shirt and tie is really kick-ass. Dress like that more often.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
    Hell I've had better luck when I was in Canada... But get back home it's like something else...
    Clearly, Canada is where it's at.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I just want to say that photo of you in the tan shirt and tie is really kick-ass. Dress like that more often.
    Haha I had to go to a dinner party it would look crazy dressing like that 24/7

Quote Originally Posted by corporatesam View Post
    Not really I've always did things on my own since I was little

Quote Originally Posted by courtneylc82 View Post
    Online dating or set-ups aren't an bad option. Or is there anyone you can build a friendship with and go from there?
    I have friendships with females friends but they are not my type at all.

Not really I've always did things on my own since I was little
    well one interest you have is girls i assume? so in that case go to places where girls will be. cooking classes, gym, yoga, fitness classes, cycling classes, language classes, library, the mall...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast