+ Follow This Topic
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Still single after all these years

awww

When it's meant to be it will be. Here is a website i go to when feeling like I will never find anyone. It's got tons of photo love quotes and can be really addicting. LoveQuotes "R" Us

I'm glad I never got serious with this last girl I tried messing with 2 years ago ugh I had to deal with her being around for 5 days and she got knocked up now.. I can't stand her anymore she was just acting stupid last night.. Why would it matter if I gave you whatever music cd she was looking for vs someone else doing the same?

A little update I've met this girl who I've been talking to for about 2 months now to is lives in Hawaii but she is going to a concert in PA in December but stopping here in CT before so we can meet up I noticed in the past few weeks she's been a lot more personal in her asking me questions and we have been talking longer (2 hours at a time) and we have been calling each other and sending text messages.

She was telling all her friends how she is so excited to meet up with me and her friends were like uh boy.. a person on the internet.. but she told me she thinks im a very cool person and one of her best friends.

I'm curious where this is going to lead to I told her I had plans to take a vacation to Hawaii in 2012 and she was more then willing to show me around and stuff.

just don't get your hopes up. Meeting in person is nothing like talking from the safety of your computer. Don't be surprised if she doesn't feel any chemistry

Well we have been in a habit of calling each other daliy and speaking I know by now to never get your hopes too far up.. I wonder if she feels nervious as I feel.

trust me, all that will go out the window once you two actually meet in person

What feeling Nervous?

"Well we have been in a habit of calling each other daliy and speaking"

^^^ that was your response after I said meeting in person is nothing like talking from the safety of your computer

Nah I think it will go on I will update when we meet on dec 10th

Never showed up btw but not like I was holding my breath

Here's my take on what I see...

Quote Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
    So I'm age 24 and still never been on a date and no serious relationship.. I did fall into a odd one (involved a 37 year old women) But I ended it because of the age gap.
    Having an issue with a gap in age is petty even though it seems it's how you roll.

I'm a to myself type of person I'm not the type of person that would go to a bar to look to pick up women the last few years because it seems like my young looking face seems to be not helping things I've been letting my hair grow out I don't know if it helps or not or what but I don't put that much effort into looking for any women like I used to.
    I don't see how your youth looking face has anything to do with not being able to pick up women???
    Here's some advice for you: Always look your best EVERYDAY. Why?
    You never know who you're going to meet and 1st impressions are a one time deal (especially for a woman)

I thought about trying a dating service but I don't know if it's worth spending that amount of money on something like that.. then I have my mother always reminding me "don't forget I want to be a grandmother one day" stuff..
    This issue isn't about making your mother happy -so that she can have grandchildren.
    This issue is about you and the choices you make that repel women.

I'd like to find someone near my age but that seems impossible... because they still like to party or they already have 2+ kids... I feel like I wont get married by my target age of 32 at the rate it seems to be going here... Is it really true about each part of the country has a less/harder time of finding women to date?
    Why must you have someone that is age dependent?
    Do you understand that you may be possibly eliminating the "one" for you based on this silly criteria?
    Not to mention you are only 24...8 years is a LONG time dude.

One last thing: meeting women is nothing but a number's game.
    If you don't put in the effort/leg work: HOW IN THE WORLD do you expect to meet someone????

I still say the most signs (I think it was something good) I used to ride the train about 5 months ago and a nice looking female would always board facing me..by the few times she did she caught me glancing at her she caught that and she would do the same when she thought I was not looking or I would catch her doing the same.. The bad was my ride was pretty short... and it was before her that I got off but I had planed to go into the city one day and start up some small talk but it's unknown if she was not working at the same job or not because I never saw her again.
    Shoulda coulda woulda man.
    You either act OR you miss out.
    What is the worse that can happen IF you approach some girl, and they tell you, "no thanks..."
    You are seemingly shy to approach women anyway so you were already more than likely thinking of being rejected anyway!
    Why not call yourself out on your pessimistic POV and perhaps change it?

I hope you've learned your lesson here.

Go out, meet people. Let your personality flow outward.
    Some one will take notice. Someone will laugh, smile or ease the tension.
    As encounter more people with more experiences you will learn how to approach them.

You don't look at a woman (who actually looks back at you) and think to yourself...
    "You know, there's a girl I'd really like to get to know better!"

You TELL them by approaching them.
    If you're clumsy -even better.
    Women love to laugh and when mistakes happen like falling or tripping.
    A women sense your vulnerable and will actually strike up something to tell you.
    Reciprocate. Pay attention to her hair, her nails, earrings, eye shadow, smile
    dimples, silly little things she does because she wants a man to notice...

Make sense?
    Now go get em tiger!
    Last edited by SelflessnHumble; 30-12-10 at 08:03 AM.

what sucks is why does it always seem like a region thing? Sometimes living close to major cities is not all what it's made out to be.. In the new year I still plan on signing up with eHarmony for a month to see if it's worth my effort

i was kinda pissed off like 3 weeks ago a friend was like I need you to come over to take pictures of my dog.. so I did not know it was going to be like ALL his friends.. I felt really out of place... i had like 3 grease spots on me because I thought it was going to be something quick and whatever..

A few girls at the party one served me drinks and what not and she was very chatty but she already had a boyfriend but was telling me how she wanted me to take pictures of her since she used to be a model and let me know she was not trying to hit on me and no nude pics.. But I think she was getting tipsy if you ask me.

Hmm I think this girl is hitting on me she's 19 and I'm 26 so i feel kinda uneasy.. maybe that is something that goes away but I feel more uneasy because I know how girls are at that young age.. on the plus side I'm very good friend's with her parents and family.. matter of fact next month I'm about to help them move back into their house after repairing the fire damage.

Anyways long story short I've noticed she is a lot more talkative now.. like one day she was laying down on some steps and I had to cross over her and she was like I like when you cross in front of me, so today she stops by twice asking how I was doing while she was waiting for a friend and we were talking small talk and whatever and a friend came by and whispered something in her ear then she got up and left but before she left she was like I love you Mike! I smiled back, The friend who whispered whatever in her ear stayed in the room with me but he never said anything regarding to what he said to her.

I dunno should I give it a shot?

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    if you do take it REAL SLOW...

Yeah that's what I was thinking too

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast