+ Follow This Topic

Thread: my boyfriend of 2 yrs says its over.......... for now. (!?!?!?!)

my boyfriend of 2 yrs says its over.......... for now. (!?!?!?!)

Hey.
    my boyfriend broke up with me on saturday. we've been going out for 2 yrs (in Oct). hes awesome but has been feeling a little stressed lately. hes a manager, one of his staff is suicidal, his mom has MS and he has 3 brothers and is the eldest. hes also starting teachers college this fall and is freaking out about that. on sat i surprised him by bringing him breakfast on my way to work. i brought him breakfast at his work. he flipped. he said he was worried about me driving, that im a new driver (been driving since last october), i shouldnt go out of my way to get him things, hes worried about me getting into an accident, etc, etc. NOTE: my work and his work are about 2.5 miles away from each other. he then proceeded to have a small panick attack, complete with hyper ventilating. i tried to console him but i was pretty embarassed he has told his entire staff i was a "new driver" and he was treating me like a child. so i left. i was a bit pissed, all i wanted was a "thanks babe, u didnt have to do that!" anyway, that night he calls me and breaks it off... ON THE PHONE. says the following:
    -cant commit to a relationship
    -this anxiety of worrying about you is too much
    -i wish i met you in 6 yrs cuz i want to marry you
    -i dont want to bring you down with me
    -i just need some time to myself to figure this out and feel better
    -i want to be friends
    -i love you
    -im in love with you

I then called him an asshole and he got in the car to come say it in person.

way to make a girl confused, right? anyway, after much debate about how i want to stay by him and help him out he refused. claiming that since he loves and cares for me the most in his life, his strategy is that if he gets rid of me, the anxiety with go away bc he wont worry about me... but if he still loves me, wont he worry anyway? he hopes one day things can work out between us and for now he wants me to be his friend he can call on... but im not cool with that. im not a doormat. and he broke my heart.
    i would rather he tell me he doesnt want me anymore cuz he doesnt love me, but its not the case.. i know he does. he left my house by giving me a kiss, and saying "ill call you tomorrow, i love you." how weird right?... for a break up... the first 2 days i was a wreck.. now im starting to feel pissed. how can he do that? and what do you think will happen/ what does it mean???

thanks so much,
    -lessia

p.s 2 weeks ago he got pissed i didnt tell everyone at work i was his gf (bc i just entered his field) ... why would he care if he was gonna DUMP me?
    - and he told me about a month ago that "hey babyyy!!! I bought your 2 yr anniversary GIFT!"

what. a. mind. ****!

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Lessia, don't post 3 of the same thread on this board it's annoying and isn't going to solicit more responses.

In fact, I think you just need to start the healing process. Yeah, it hurts we all did.