+ Follow This Topic

Thread: how to ask her out?

how to ask her out?

This girl that was in my freshman orientation group (us as the leaders) seems like she might be interested. I'm definitely into her. We make eye contact a LOT and I'm not really trying to. This bud of mine that was in the training group with us always kind of joked around asking her "to give him a chance" (he has a girlfriend - he just has a goofy personality that's funny when he says stuff like that) but we'd always goof around about it. When he left the room I played along like "yeah you should really give the guy a chance."

So I left the room and he did the same thing to me out of the blue, "Just give jim a chance! (that's me)". She looked at both of us and said "I'm not giving you or YOU a chance." So I took it as she wasn't interested, although I didn't really care at the time I was just laughing along with the joking.

But later when we were all sitting at lunch and my other friend walked away we were all talking about it at the time (he kept passing her romantic fortune cookie messages), she says to me in front of everyone (although nobody else was paying attention really) "maybe I actually am into you, but didn't want to make him feel bad."

But we got pretty busy after that as we got assigned to our freshmen groups to lead and I didn't see her as much. She's always flirty around me and looks me in the eyes and smiles in a way that I usually take as a girl being into me and has been the case in the past.

I just don't know how to actually ask her on a date or anything really because I feel like we all joked around about it so much and I sort of brushed it off when she made the comment that I think she might have took it as I wasn't interested or something.

I work at her sorority in the kitchen and see her once or twice a week. I want to let her know that I am interested, but am not sure what the first step is. I know this is REALLY a childish sounding situation (it's college after all) and I'm awful at pursuing girls. The luck I've had with girls in the past has been through their efforts not mine because I struggle to man up and ask girls out sometimes. Anyone have any advice?

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Just ask her to do something with you this weekend. Don't build it up like it's a big deal. Just see if she wants to go to a concert, or go for a drink, whatever.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

my experience is to just ignore the chance that she isn't into you. be flirty with her and ask her to go someplace with you as you normally would but add "as my/on a date" at the end. if she says no, she may just be playing hard to get and she may just not be interested in you that way so you may need to ask her out a couple more times before she will say yes. unfortunately im not sure if we can help you figure out if she likes you or not, thats really one of those things you have to see to understand imho.