Hi,

I'm new to the forum so hello all!
I've been with my bloke for getting close to 2 years. We live in different cities due to work commitments so we only see each other every other weekend. It's fine. We're really in love and respect each other's careers totally. We're still young (mid-20's) and know that we'll have plenty of time to live together once we've established ourselves in our jobs.

It's a great relationship because we're both very independent. I'm with him because I want to be not because I need him (made that mistake before) and we trust each other completely.

All of the above doesn't stop me missing him like mad and wishing things were different. I've just got a new job and had to bail out of our holiday. We were going with others so he's still going but in the current climate I just can't afford to let a job slide for the sake of a week away. He completely understands and actively encouraged me but I still feel terrible plus it would have been amazing to have some real quality time together.

So any tips on how I can make it up to him and generally how I can keep things exciting during the week. Tokens to keep reminding him just how much I love him and how great I think we are. Any similar stories would really help. I'm just struggling to see the light a bit at the moment and I miss him so much!

Thanks!xx