+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She lives 130 miles away

She lives 130 miles away

Hi everyone, new to the forums here.

I have been looking to get some advice from other people because none of my friends have been in a "long distance" relationship before.

I will be 18 in July, a senior in high school
    She will be 17 in April, a junior in high school

So lets see where do I start..

I met her through a friend that used to come visit here with my aunt.
    She is 130 miles away.
    Long story short I got her myspace and all that jazz, then got her number.

We have been officially dating now for 2 months, but we talked on and off for so long, I would say about a year that's how long I have known her.
    We have seen each other 7 times in the past 2 months we have been dating, and 4 times before we were officially "together"
    I feel such a strong connection with her, I know her pretty much in and out.

We were both virgins and we were each others first time.

I trust her fully, I have known her for a year and she has never done anything to make me doubt her.
    She says she wants to be with me forever and she will never be the one who breaks up with me.

I have met her parents, long story short they found out i snuck into their house and they know we have had sex and they hate my guts so we have to keep our relationship a secret from her parents.

We have little arguments or disagreements every now and then but honestly who doesn't?

I plan on going to school for a degree in criminal justice and then hopefully becoming a sheriff by the time I'm 19 and get a little place to call my own and be with her.. to be honest I can see my future with her.
    She wants to go to college here by me but her parents are paying for her college and out of state fees are ridiculous, so she is shooting for a scholarship.

I want to get some other peoples perspective on this whole thing, long distance relationships gone bad? or turned out for the better?
    I know were a bit young but honestly if this girl is in my life I will be content.

Ask questions please.
    Last edited by ShaneSauce; 07-09-09 at 03:33 PM.

ask questions? why are we asking the questions? well there's one

if it's going to work then u HAVE to set timeframes for when u will see eachother, without physical contact it's very likely u wont last forever.

she obviously doesnt care what her parents say but for now it's easier to let them remain unaware, they will have to accept it in the end.

dont go planning ur life around her just yet but it's nice to dream

We do..
    We plan out when we can see each other and the best times, I have seen her 11 times so far.

And actually her mom doesn't care its just her dad, so that's not a huge problem.

I realize what your saying, I don't want to plan my whole life with her and then something go astray not too far down the road.

We get along so well, I can't believe I found a girl that actually loves talking all the time.
    My parents met her and they love her to death.. I hope we can start to see each other more often though and not every week or two.

I use to ride 500 miles each weekend, but I'm weird like that.

LDR's don't last, especially at that age.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Quote Originally Posted by Cbrider View Post
    I use to ride 500 miles each weekend, but I'm weird like that.

LDR's don't last, especially at that age.
    Indefinite LDRs don't last. LDRs in general can.

@OP: I don't think this will last. The both of you are extremely young and you will have at least another year in this LDR. Also, keep in mind that over the next few years both of you will be growing and the meetings will start to dwindle. Why waste high school with someone you can only see once every couple of weeks?

And you can't believe you found a girl that likes to talk all of the time? Unless you have no life, you enjoying that will wear off very fast.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    Indefinite LDRs don't last. LDRs in general can.
    I've had too many friends, married and dating lose their relationship while over seas for different reasons.

My personal belief is that its a waste of time, but we are all different and have success in different situations.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

I understand what you guys are saying.

Maybe I'm just thinking about it a bit too much?
    She is in this until the end she says, so if anyone were to end it I guess it would be me..

I don't mean talking all the time necessarily but I have been with girls that could give a shit less about talking to me at least once a day.

Eh I guess we will see where we are in a couple months.

edit: the fact that I can hop on the interstate and be there in a hour and 30 minutes is good too.
    unlike some LDR's where the people are hundreds and hundreds of miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneSauce View Post
    I understand what you guys are saying.

Maybe I'm just thinking about it a bit too much?
    She is in this until the end she says, so if anyone were to end it I guess it would be me..

I don't mean talking all the time necessarily but I have been with girls that could give a shit less about talking to me at least once a day.

Eh I guess we will see where we are in a couple months.

edit: the fact that I can hop on the interstate and be there in a hour and 30 minutes is good too.
    unlike some LDR's where the people are hundreds and hundreds of miles away.
    Do you know how many people say that? You're both not even 18 yet. The chances of this lasting is extremely slim.

Yes I know how many people say that.
    I don't say it to her because I know how fast things can change.

I really don't see how age is a factor in love, I mean sure if your older its easier to see each other but that's the only difference.

I'm so used to being treated like shit by girls I don't think you guys understand.
    I found one who stands up for me and doesn't walk all over me so I'm a bit on the happy side.
    I guess nobody here believes in me haha

You don't realize how much the both of you will change over the next seven to ten years. High school relationships don't usually last for that very reason. You're going to grow into very different people.

I thank you.

I can't be mad at you for being honest, at least your letting me know whats going to happen and what to expect.

I'm hoping for the best though.

You probably have a stronger chance than most long distance relationships between teens because of you proximity. i'd say yours may be something that turns special but i never say these things with absloute certanity. Love has been a mystery to me even when i have such a good understanding of it. and even that is just a little compared to what there is to understand.

Just try your best.

currently I'm in a long distance relationship with a girl who is probably the only person who understands me and vice versa. i wish i had the proximity you two had with her. so if this really seems like something you belive can be special don't be overly forward but don't be passive either. but you don't seem to have that problem so good luck.
    Last edited by Feonixbrimstone; 10-09-09 at 12:03 AM.

130 miles isnt that bad. I dated a girl about that far away and it lasted almost 2 years. we woulda gone on longer but all we did was have sex and it killed the relationship for me.

Now I am almost 2000 miles away from another girl and I am hoping for the best. good luck to the both of us.

I know its really nice actually, because it gives us this drive I guess you could say..

We are always missing each other and wanting to see each other more.
    So we met halfway the other day after school and spent a good 3 hours together and it went really well, the more time I spend with her the closer I feel.

She is coming to see me on the 26th for a concert then the next day is our 3 month "anniversary".

I'm a pretty happy camper