+ Follow This Topic

Thread: max limit of opposite sex friends in LDR

max limit of opposite sex friends in LDR

for those in a long distance relationship.. can i know what do u think is the maximum limit of the things ur partner does with opposite sex friends? like erm.. would u mind if a boy texts her everyday, she goes to his house to talk to him etc..

i really need help here cuz im a bf who gets jealous very very easily but im trying to force myself to change cuz my gf wants freedom.. but i wanna know what is the limit for other couples..

thanks.

i think that texting her everyday is too much. but it depends if there close friends. like if you know him too. and its kind of a triangular friendship. It depends on how much you trust her. Thats the main thing, let her know how you feel. girls arent good with hints. if she knows your the jeolous type, and she loves you she will make sacrifises for you. But girls need there space, and if she wants to maintain close friendships wiith other guys. thats her decision. you cant keep her from doing so.

if u really need to make her see ur side ask her how she'd feel if she was in ur place...

there might not be anything going on between them but it's likely there was before?

in answer to ur question, i'm fine with my gf having opposite sex friends (most of which have fancied her at some point) and she was also friends with her ex (who still wanted her back and they spent a lot of time together) - however she never spent every day with them or chose them other me (we're in a LDR btw)...

it's hard to give u any decent advice cos i'm not in ur exact situation, just keep ur head clear and u will see the right choice for urself.

hope some of that mess made sense and is maybe helpful

thanks alot for the reply guys..

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sounds to me like either of these situations:

You smoother your gf, so now she acts out and forces you to accept things that are pushing the line.

or

Your gf is cheating on you.

If it's situation 1 here's my advice:
    Talk to her, tell her you're working on the whole jealous thing. Tell her that you trust her (but only if you do- think about this if you do, why are you so concerned and jealous?). Tell her that you think texting this friend as often as she does makes you a little uncomfortable because she texts him almost as much as she texts you! Tell her that sometimes you think spending SO much time at his house makes you uneasy (I believe hanging out at his house alone is a bit much, unless they have been friends like this since long before you ever exsisted, and have always been close friends). Let all your feelings out, and don't accuse her of anything.

If my girlfriend was texting some dude like every day, I would not be cool with that, even if it wasn't an LDR.

Know thine instincts.

^agreed. why are you in a long distance relationship anyway? they only seem to work out if its temporary and theres a LOT of love. this girl is seemingly losing interest. Just because you want to ignore the signs doesnt mean you should.