+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Recent breakup but confused

Recent breakup but confused

I've been going out with this girl for less than a month. First time we met, she was very flirty and touchy, and I knew she liked me. I decided to give it a try and I asked her out. Every one of our dates turned out great. When I asked if she wanted to take it to the next level, she said yes but take it slowly. Just on our second date, we made out and she seemed very okay with it, calling me baby and all that. Then all of a sudden, it seemed she was becoming more and more distant. She told she wanted to tell me something and it took her a week to finally say this: I'm not ready for a relationship. She said she thought she had feelings for me and she had personal life issues and just didn't need a boyfriend right now. She asked me if she still wanted to be friends but what was I suppose to say? I asked before I answer your question, do you think we still have a chance to get back together in the future. She hesitated for a bit and replied no. What hurt me the most was why do all this and tell me this now.

Was it because of her past relationships (she told me it wasn't very good)? She didn't want to be hurt? Or is it because she really doesn't need a relationship? Even if it was for a short time, it really hurt me.
    Last edited by LilAsn; 10-09-09 at 03:00 AM.

Hey LilAsn

Sounds to me your trying to make sense of something in your own mind thats im affraid you probably never will. Being rejected by someone hurts like hell believe me I know. For what ever reason she decided that it wasn't right for her at the moment, its human nature to run countless reasons through our minds to somehow find an answer to whats happened.

Saying that she had feelings for you and she even implied that shes just not ready yet, gives a little hope but you asked the right question of the future and she replied NO. Thinks its time to move on, give yourself time to make a little sense of it. Move forward.

Good luck for the future.

An Insular Yuppie Neighborhood in a Big American City
    She probably wasn't into you when she saw more of you. Human relationships are hard. Try to not get too attached, although I know that's tough.