+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Me being paranoid here

Me being paranoid here

Hey everyone,
    This may sound insecure or whatever but I just want to get some opinions out there. I have been talking on the phone to a guy I met off of a social networking site. We are due to meet possibly this week. He told me from the getgo that he is looking for only something serious to hopefully turn into marriage and is only interested in getting to know one person at a time. As time has been progressing we have become extremely close and he feels I might be it. Since we have started talking I periodically check this social networking site to see if he still goes there and I found out he had disabled his profile soon after we started talking. That was not necessary but reassuring. But today I happen to see it was back on and he was online and open for chat. I jumped to the conclusion he's moving on to someone else. I called him right then to see what he was up to and he told me he was sleeping and we talked for a few minutes and he sounded his usual self and said he would call when he wakes up. While I was on the phone with him he went offline and his profile was again disabled. I could have called him out on it but didn't want to sound insecure. I know it doesn't sound like a big deal because he could have just gone on the site for a benign reason maybe he got a message or something. But its completely nagging me. I'm not trying to keep a claim on him but when he tells me all those things it makes me wonder if he's being truthful. Any thoughts?

Well until you guys actually meet and start talking I would not worry too much. I definitely would not call him out on it. It may drive him away. Go hang out with him and have a great time. If you like each other then maybe sparks will fly and you will have each other.

If it were a Dating Networking Site... I could see the insecurity.
    I would just wait and see if he actually meets you before I get too into him.