I signed up for these forums because I am desperate for advice. I think it'd be easier to help me if I first provided some background information on myself and my current ex-girlfriend.

We met sophmore year in high school. I really hadn't had a legitimate longterm relationship until I had met this girl. We didn't know each other well at first but she was "obsessed with me" ever since I met her. I was cautious to dive into a relationship until I got to know her better. After a few months of hanging out as just friends I eventually asked her to be my girlfriend in June of 2007. Our love was very passionate and love driven. We had our share of problems at first because we hadn't been in previous relationships for the longterm but we learned together. The first 2 years of our relationship had its ups and downs but over the course of the relationship we fell in love together.

We worked it out so that we both were going to the same college, the University of Cincinnati. We both will be leaving in a week.

My girlfriend is the type of girl who has to have everything planned out. If the day doesnt go as planned it gets her almost angry. I'm a laid back type of guy that doesn't like to plan things out and just expects things to not go as planned. We both love each other very much, but we often fight because we are so different from each other. We are the type of couple that confirms the assertion that "opposites attract" in that we don't have a lot of common interest but we do love each other greatly. We are both very loyal people, and I never ever worry about her cheating on me and she knows that I would never cheat on her.

But this summer she has been really busy with working 3-4 days a week and driving 45 minutes to and from cincinnati for practice with the dance team. I haven't gotten to see her much, especially over the past 2 months.

She used to always want to hangout with me as much as possible. There are 7 days in a week, and spending nearly everyday together was not out of the ordinary for us. We loved to just spend time together, even if we weren't doing anything really exciting. We simply loved each others company.

With her becoming busy though, things changed. I sensed that she was losing interest in me, and that I was just becoming another item on her checklist of things to do during the week. I would only get to see her on nights when she'd come back from work/dance exhausted and simply wanting to watch TV and laydown. Then after a few hours she would just send me home. I expressed my unhappiness and she said that she was busy and she didn't know what she could do.

A few days ago we talked on the phone and she said that for about 2 weeks she had started feeling that she was missing out on other things because of being with me. She said she had been "going throw the motions" for the past two weeks and that this was hurting her to even be saying this to me, but she was being honest. She was crying while telling me this, and I just kind of reacted by saying if thats how she feels then im not sure what to do. I love her to death, but if shes not happy with me idk wtf I could do.

She then texts me that night saying she made the biggest mistake of her life, and I didn't particularly feel like getting back with a girl who's love for me comes and goes and who simply decides to "go throw the motions" and then two weeks later tells me how she actaully feels. I feel like i put 110% into the relationship, and it feels like I dont even get half of that back.

Ive been ignoring her with little contact, and she has been desperately trying to get back with me. After not going to the first football game she danced at, she texted me this morning asking if I went and I said no because I had nobody to go with. She then proceeded to tell me that a 30 year old guy tried to makeout with her from work and she resisted. She didn't act like it was a big deal, and it has me so pissed off right now im going to go insane. She refuses to tell me the name of this punk, as my gf is 18 years old and he's 30+ years old. She says she just rejected him and didnt think it was a huge deal. I then got angry and was fuming and demanded for his name. But she wouldnt give it to me.

I'm so freaking lost right now. I love this girl with all my heart but I never get the results im looking for while being with her, atleast not like it used to be. I just need some direction, I want to be with this girl but I dont know if its possible. We leave for college in a week, and we'll be living in the same dorm but on seperate floors. Am I a fool for trying to love her? She says she didnt mean what she said but that our "spark" went away with her not seeing me as much.

HELP!