+ Follow This Topic

Thread: what are your conversations like with girls you're interested in?

what are your conversations like with girls you're interested in?

I'm getting to know this guy I just met but I'm unsure if he's interested as friends or something more. We met through mutual friends but because we live very far away, most of our interactions recently have been online.

There's no obvious flirting (not ready for LD just yet) but I feel he might be interested; he asks lots of questions about me and my interests, what I did on the weekend etc. to keep the conversation going so it doesn't die. We do have quite a lot in common and seem to have lots to talk about. Is this just friendly banter or is he trying to feel me out for something more? Do guys ask certain questions to "test" you (my ex has done that)?

Well, I tend not to play conversation games with someone I'm interested in. I flirt, then I ask them if they want to go out on a date sometime. I'm very direct.

If he's interested, he will talk to you in person and ask you those questions in person and probably initiate a date with you in person, via text, or via phone.

So, you're saying it's LD? LD's don't work! Been there, done that, got the jacket for the club membership. If it's long distance, DON'T DO IT! If it's short distance, go for it!
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

If it were short-distance, I wouldn't have this problem but because it's not, I a) feel there might be interest but also some hesitancy because of the distance; and b) can't decipher him because everything's online. Either way, I guess distance is probably a no-go? Just wanna know how to figure him out.

Nope. LD's don't work unless it becomes short distance. I learned this lesson.
    I will do my best to reply with an educated, humble and honest answer. Ultimately, it is up to you whether you want to listen to my advice or ignore it completely. Sometimes, my advice may be wrong; occasionally, it will be right. Regardless, I want to do my best to give people answers they are seeking.

Sounds like he likes you.

But here's the easiest way to know if a guy likes u : Flirt with him and see what his response is.

Some people can be very social and outgoing on the Internet but when you meet them in real life they're completely different.

You can flirt with someone online etc, but you will never know anyway how things really are until you've gotten to know him/her in real life.

Maybe it's different for you because you already met him IRL, but it's very difficult to build something online and then also keep it alive online. If you met IRL and became a couple and then it turned into LD, maybe it would be easier because then you'd have a firm ground.

Not saying you two don't stand a chance though, everything can work, but it's difficult to get to know someone who lives far away.

He sounds like he is interested though.
    "If you love life, life will love you back."

Arthur Rubinstein