+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How would you react

How would you react

Imagine you met a guy through a friend...you knew some of his situation (severe depression, anxiety, ......) before you got involved with him but you reassured him you understood.....things didn't work out.....then you pretty much just ignore that person and criticize them but not directly to their face. How would you react if that person explained 2 years later exactly what they had to go through and how what you said affected them...bearing in mind you knew how difficult it was for this person in the first place...

would you think that was just a bitter attempt to get back at you or would you understand how someone in that situation would have felt to be criticized for suffering?

looking for opinions on both sides...

Might post another thread with more details...just looking for your thoughts for now....

Tia

It really depends on the person who did the criticizing.

I would really feel bad for contributing to a person's suffering and see this situation as an opportunity to apologize to them. I wouldn't think the person was trying to get back at me. Bitter yes, but with good reason.
    Oh well, what do I know?

http://mindfulmunky.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Johansen View Post
    How would you react if that person explained 2 years later exactly what they had to go through and how what you said affected them...bearing in mind you knew how difficult it was for this person in the first place...

would you think that was just a bitter attempt to get back at you or would you understand how someone in that situation would have felt to be criticized for suffering?
    i'd probably take it as that person needing closure. of course, it's pretty freaking sheisty to just cut someone off without some kind of explanation.