+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confused about ex girlfriend.

Confused about ex girlfriend.

my ex left me for some other guy she had a crush on about 3 months ago. We kept contact during the first month, but i couldn't handle it so i cut it off. We hadn't talked in 2 months when a couple days ago she sent me a text saying it would be nice to do something sometime. What may be important is that when we broke up she asked if we could be friends and I said I hoped so.

So I'm seeing her in a couple says for drinks. Before accepting her invitation, she told me she'd understand if it was still too soon. I don't know what to think about this meeting. Does she hope we can be friends or does she still have feelings? She is still with the guy she left me for and calls him her boyfriend. Her facebook status is still single though... I'm sure she isn't telling her boyfriend she is seeing me.

I still hope I can get her back. During this summer, I've worked and changed on the issues that lead to our breakup, They were somewhat obvious to me.
    My plan at the moment is to Wow her with the new me and hope to instill doubt in her mind. Though, I'm not interested at all, would rather never see her again, than be friends. I don't want to wait around too long if she isn't changing her mind.

Am I going at this the right way? What should i read from her wanting to meet me.
    Last edited by EndlessRomantic; 16-09-09 at 02:33 AM.

All you should read from that is that she wants to meet you. You'll learn why when you see her.

I think you should be up front about not wanting to be friends. Don't fake it in hopes that you'll see more of her and slowly work your way back in. You're not a weasel. You're a man. Act like one and tell her what you told us- that you want her back and you've made changes to make that happen. The "boyfriend" will have to go.
    Spammer Spanker

I had a run in with my ex that went real sour. I figured she wanted to meet up because she still loved me, and wanted to work it out... So we met up, and it was the opposite. She had a new BF, moved on completely, I think she wanted to see my reaction, or maybe to verify she didn't love me anymore..

My advice, if you still have feelings for her, don't see her. It will only put you through all the emotions again. If she's got a new boyfriend she's moved on. It will only be upsetting man.

I'm supposed to see her today for supper and drink after, I'm still not sure I want to see her. She sent me 4-5 texts in the past week, none which i answered just yet. This is killing me... I'm gonna be destroyed afterwards I'm sure of it. But if I don't go, I'll regret and always think what if... going insane...

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessRomantic View Post
    She sent me 4-5 texts in the past week, none which i answered just yet.
    How rude of you. Stop acting like an eighth grader and answer her. See her tonight and leave the emo shit at home.

Jeeze Louise.
    Spammer Spanker

She just sent me a text saying she can't meet me tonight, asked me if i could tommorow, friday. Dunno if i should read anything in to this.

Anywayz, I've decided to go head on in, try and be as happy as possible. Whateva happens happens. But I don't expect much. Probably be the last time I see her, cause I aint wanna be her friend.