+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Abortion

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Given that humanity isn't exactly lacking in the reproductive arena, I'm ambivalent about it from a moral perspective.

If we were close to extinction tho, say from a horrible plague or a la Battlestar Galactica (LOL), I'd have a different opinion.

So, what sways my opinion is more to do with 'quality vs. quantity' of life.

I'm very pro-quality. I'd rather have 1 or 2 well-brought up, productive members of society than a pack of poorly raised societal parasites with little sense of social responsibility.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I'm pro adoption
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    There's more than enough adoptees to go around as well. What's lacking are decent parents.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I once talked to my gynecologist about it.He was about 60 yo then so he had a lot of experience as well.
    He said, he used to do abortion,after one woman died on his arms because some old woman were doing `house`abortion on her. It`s for example putting a lot of liquid soap in Your vagina .She had a serious infection and she died. After that he said he prefers to do abortion himself than let another woman die because of something like this. But it was back in 60`s.He said since about 20 years he doesn`t do that anymore because there`s no need to.There is enough contraception,before and after pills ,woman know more information how You can get pregnant etc that he doesn`t feel like doing it anymore.Now mostly it`s woman`s choice whether shegets pregnant or not.
    Oh and from October in Europe there will be 5 days after pills, not just 3 days,so come on...

First if You already have baby which You don`t want to have (rape baby) , You can give him/her to adoption.There are also families who adopt babies just after birth.They support pregnant woman through her pregnancy and just after birth they take away the baby...

To be honest.From day to day,there is less and less excusses to do abortion... I personally would never forgive myself if I had an abortion... If my mum would have abortion like her ex bf said, I wouldn`t have my oldest brother.If I did abortion I would never look at myself again.My family wouldn`t....

It`s ok.If other woman do this,fine, but don`t expect me to accept them as normal women.From all the possibilities ,they`ve choosen the worst one, imho....
    I wazzzz here

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Definitely a choice, but one that should be accompanied with gravity, and in the case of healthy pregnancies, deep, deep shame.

To abort a fetus due to negligence is horrible and utterly irresponsible. People need to show some accountability, or at the least a little bit of remorse for their selfish actions.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

every person should see the 'bodies' show. the section with the babies would change anyones mind on aborting. my view is; it's wrong to take a life unless it becomes life threatening to the mother carrying the child and it becomes them or the mother.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

i didn't really care until i saw a video of a woman having an abortion. i'm so thankful and lucky i've never been in that kind of predicament. i couldn't even watch the whole thing it made me want to puke. everything about it was disgusting.

i have a friend who had an abortion because her baby would have had serious problems and malformations. she was met with those idiot anti-abortion protesters. that was also pretty fuking disgusting.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    I'm pro adoption
    I am too, in the case of a healthy child, but not for crack babies, etc.

Like Misombra's friend, I would do it if the baby were malformed and full of defects. The idea that a woman would be forced to carry a retarded child is infuriating to me. Bring it, Sarah Palin. Let's throw down.
    Spammer Spanker

Morality or not, it's wrong. For the majority of women who don't want a baby and would have someone else snuff it out for them, don't screw... period.

Cause and effect

Very simple.

We don't understand the cosmos or human reproductive system well enough to be reliably making the call whether a fetus is human, dependent on what stage of growth it's at, so save your conscience at any rate.

Don't screw unless you can handle the possibility and don't get yourself raped.

Maybe the parents ought to be aborted instead.

Wow.
    What if you have health reasons??
    Do you guys feel its an option to abort then?

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I would support Obama's healthcare plan if it made us pay for abortions, had death panels, and nobody was covered by it

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i feel that ALL abortions are acceptable.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    I would support Obama's healthcare plan if it made us pay for abortions, had death panels, and nobody was covered by it
    death panels?
    does death panels mean what I think it means?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I do think any woman who chooses abortion should have to pay for it herself except under very unique circumstance (medical due to defects, health risk of pregnancy or perhaps rape).

I also don't see the difference b/t surgical or pharma-induced abortion. I don't know much about the drugs involved tho. But, which ever method, the end point is the same. If you take the stand abortion is wrong, don't see how the morning after pill is okay. Its what Doc said: just keep your legs closed.

I also doubt that giving a baby up for adoption is anywhere as simple as many would suggest. I doubt one can just walk into an agency and hand over a baby. I'm certain there would be immense pressure to keep a child, thus making the process at least as devastating as abortion. Possibly more.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast