+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Abortion

Abortion

This is not a debate topic so please don't bash anyone who responds with something you disagree with.

Please be respectful.

Don't curse anyone for their choices, beliefs and disbelief.

I want to have a healthy discussion about Abortion.

Not whether you think it should be banned or not...

But do you feel that it is morally wrong to abort no matter the circumstance?

Or do you feel some abortions are exceptional.

I used to think it was wrong no matter what, but when you think of women who have been raped and got impregnated by the rapist, or women with serious illnesses who take medicine that can affect the baby ( ), I would not look at them any differently. As for a girl who just ****s around and kills babies like it's a hobby, they need to be forced to have their tubes tied, IMO.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

I agree. I think it's excusable if you have illnesses or you were taken advantage of.
    It's not their fault you know? But sometimes they still feel guilty because they have to take a life.

Even in the case of rape baby has half the dna of mom

Yea of course I would feel bad for doing it....it's not an easy decision to make at all....I'd have to cry it off to go through with it.

I know this woman who had one and she said she regretted it.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I still think it should be a choice, and people need to stop judging others for it. On one hand, I will agree with Nisha that the ones who running around having an abortion every week should have their tubes tied. Obviously they're such morons they shouldn't be reproducing anyways.

There are some circumstances where I would have an abortion: If I were a teenager, if I was raped, or if it was detected early that the baby had something SEVERELY wrong with it. I'm sure there's lots of people that don't agree with my point of view, but that doesn't interest me. What's important to me is that I have a choice, that all women have a choice.

Of course, there needs to be a term limit. I believe the cap is three months, but I'm not sure, I've heard it's higher elsewhere and that bothers me. My cousins were born at six months old and they were living, breathing infants. I couldn't imagine terminating a baby of that age.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

I think it's a horrible choice to make, but it's still the woman's choice.
    Spammer Spanker

Yeah it is higher in a lot of places actually. I think the highest I've heard is 4 months.

There are abortions given up to 7 months...I said wtf?! That's possible?!?!

What possible reason could you have at 7 months that you didn't have at three?
    Spammer Spanker

I reeeaaallly dont know...but the doctor who goes through with it is just as bad to me....7 months? That's way to far along. I'm at 6 months right now and this child is fully formed...kicking me,hitting me, the works. She isnt a fetus anymore, she's a baby.

Is there a certain age when they allow you to tie your tubes in the states? Here they dont allow it until you are either 30+ or having too much kids before 30.

Falcon.... PUNCH!

Of course it is morally wrong for a mother to intentionally kill her own child.

Though, I suppose it's good she won't be passing on her genes.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Morally wrong by whose standards? Yours? Morals are simply a product of your upbringing and have no place in argument. In some countries, it's moral to kill your daughter for having sex before marriage.

I have no problem terminating a pregnancy for my above-mentioned reasons. If that makes me less moral in someone else's eyes, that's their problem.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Yes, by my standards. Obviously I'm not from a country where people kill their daughters for premarital adultery.

Coco's question was do we feel it's morally wrong for someone to have an abortion.
    So yes, morality does have a place in the discussion.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast