+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Height...

Height...

What height do girls want their guys to be in relation to them? As in something like how much taller... This topic came up cos me and some of my friends are tall by Asian standards, and it seems that our height scares many girls away. (Yes we are Asians)

ummm I'm 6 foot 1, and my girlfriend is 5 foot 6, she dosen't seem to mind at all, in fact she prefers the guy to be taller... says she'd never date a short guy. But I don't know he he he... i guess if i were 6'4 and she were 5'2... that would be scary lol. So yeah you'll have to wait for one of these lovely females to answer that question... how tall is too tall???
    "Its all just your state of mind, doubt is the real killer!"

tall = GOOD

a girl like to feel protected, and tallness gives off that vibe.

I like dating a guy that I have to look upwards at to look in his eyes. And who I can wear heals around and not all of a sudden be taller than him!

But I can only speak for myself. Every girl has different physical standards

And in the end, for most of us, our physical standards don't really have any say in the person we end up falling for.
    Cinderella said to Snow White
    "How does love get so off course
    All I wanted was a white knight
    With a good heart, soft touch, fast horse
    Ride me off into the sunset
    [URL=http://dizzygirl.net]Baby I'm forever yours[/URL]"

Hey... I'm about 6 foot 1 too (slightly taller than that actually hahaha). Tall=good? I sure hope so. The girl I like fell for someone else and some of her friends are telling me that it's because the other guy is firstly more athletic and secondly closer in height to her. Though those are not the only reasons apparently. I don't know. And it's pretty hard to find tall girls in Asia. It still seems as if height scares a good number of girls away rather than make them feel protected.

i guess its just a difference in cultures, i dunno

but it shouldn't be that large of a factor anyways
    Cinderella said to Snow White
    "How does love get so off course
    All I wanted was a white knight
    With a good heart, soft touch, fast horse
    Ride me off into the sunset
    [URL=http://dizzygirl.net]Baby I'm forever yours[/URL]"

i personally like a tall guy, for the same reasons as swimmingNreverie said, i like to feel protected. I think most guys find a short girl cute aswell =)

DITTO to what Swimm said! Ditto ditto ditto...couldnt have said it better myself!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Well yeah, like everyone else said. it's always nicee when the guy is taller. I'm 5'7 and Mike is 6'2 and I think it's the best combo. I can wear heels but still remain shorter, or wear flats and still be tall enough.
    I have it all. Including kino.

I'm about 6ft and my g/f is baout 5ft or so. It sort of sucks sometimes because I
    can't really put my hand around her waist/hips.

The closest I come to is near the breast/chest level (at the back).

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    well considering that i'm asian, i'm 5 7.. usually i like my girls around 5 2ish or the general area, however it is different for everyone. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Yeah Danog, agree with you there. Sometimes if the height difference is too great it causes some problems. Anyone have this problem too or any ways to get around this problem?

I like putting my hand around her waist/back when we are walking. Holding hands is
    good but not on a hot summers day (where sweat builds up pretty fast).

And putting my hand around her shoulder is just not right. I mean, it just shows less
    attraction to the person you are with. Know what I mean?

Yes I know what you mean. And where I come from it's hot ALL THE TIME! (phew!)

same thing with me danog! my gf, though i love her dearly, she is about a foot shorter than me, and when walking i try to pu my arm around her waist, and i normally can only reach as far as middle back! (below her breasts) though not much problem, it does create some differences
    love is not born wild, you must set it free

I'm an Asian myself.(Chinese) 6 ft tall. I can tell you what kind of height asian girls like the most. Neither lower than 5' 9" nor taller than 6' 1" (175 cm~185 cm) is the perfect height for asian girls. For example, most Chinese girls are about 5'~5' 5" (150 cm~165cm) and leaner than Western girls, if you were more than 6' 2" and had a athletic physique, in their eyes you look more like a tree than an attractive man. Back in college there was a time I chanced upon two of my classmates who were also in a relationship. The guy was 6' 1" and the gal 5' 2". They were riding a scooter past me and the girl hugged the guy from back. The picture to me looked like.... a koala bear climbing on a tree.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast