+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My guy doesn't like public displays of affection... does this mean he doesn't love me

My guy doesn't like public displays of affection... does this mean he doesn't love me

Hi everyone. My guy doesn't like public displays of affection. Does this mean that he doesn't love me or something? I've never really been with a guy who didn't like public displays of affection so I don't know.

Depends on what his reasons are. I was with someone once who didn't like PDA because he was lying about having a girlfriend and didn't want to seem "together" with me in case anyone saw us.
    Spammer Spanker

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sometimes it's just part of their personality. Sometimes it's what Gbitch says...

I was with a guy who didn't like it either, he sure did love me, he just wasn't the "affectionate" type- I dumped him. I don't care how much you claim to love me, if I'm not feeling it, I'm not having it.

Yeah, dating robots can be frustrating. Search yourself and see if he is what you want.
    Hold your heart courageously
    As we walk into this dark place
    Stand steadfast erect and see
    That love is the province of the brave

-TV on the Radio

Maybe hes just a shy guy cos he havent been with many girls or maybe he has some1 else and dont want any1 to see u2 together...

is he a shy guy or hes "normal" and just acts like that in public ???

Some people just don't like PDA. In the absence of any other indicator that something's off, just roll with it; it's not a problem with you, probably just a private person that doesn't like to have intimate moments in public.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No, it doesn't mean he doesn't love you. It's just personal taste

He probably doesn't like other people being able to look at you and him while you are intimate or whatever

You're sure having problems, aren't you?

A few days ago you posted here asking how you could get this guy to fall in love with you faster. Now you're worried that his not wanting to suck your face (or whatever) in public means that he's somehow defective.

Could it be that your real problem is that you're an insecure brat?

And maybe the real problem is you?

I hate public display of affection. It has nothing to do with whomever's accompanying me, it's just who I am. I can feel very strongly, be very very deeply in love with someone and still not want to kiss and smother him with love when out in public. I do that at home instead.
    "If you love life, life will love you back."

Arthur Rubinstein

It depends on his reasoning really. My ex didn't like public signs of affection, she'd hold hands but that was it. It was because she would often see people snogging the face off of someone at say a bus stop, or being all over someone in a shop, she wasn't particularly fond of having people all over eachother right in front of her so she didn't do it to other people.

I also don't like being affectionate infront of my family, it's just not a side of me that I feel comfortable showing to my family.

Just because he doesn't do it in public doesn't mean he doesn't love you, you just need to find out the reason why.

Maybe he grew up in a conservative household. I know that I don't like PDA that much anymore and it's for two reasons. One: I sort of feel that the people who show a lot of PDA are overcompensating, and I'd rather be more communicative and less cutesy, and two, that in my culture, and the adults I was around growing up, I never saw much touchy-feely-ness. It just seems a little uncomfortable to me because of that.

Good Luck figuring it out though!

Quote Originally Posted by Holly3278 View Post
    Hi everyone. My guy doesn't like public displays of affection. Does this mean that he doesn't love me or something? I've never really been with a guy who didn't like public displays of affection so I don't know.
    some guys are 'shy' to do that in the public...

"Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

Is he an insecure/shy guy? Does he not like it when people look at him? Shyness could be the answer.

Or it could be something else.

Are you insecure about yourself and have trouble believing someone when they tell you they love you?

As stated above, there are different reasons.

But I personally would be irritated by it because PDA's dont have to mean sucking each other's faces off. A simple kiss, a warm hug, holding hands are the type that I enjoy. I am not gonna look like I'm having sex with someone....that's just over the top to me.

But if I began dating someone who wasnt into it, I dont think I'd be able to deal with it tbh. Whether it be an insecurity from me or not, I dont care, it makes me happy.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

That means he's private and likes to keep his love making and canoodling private as well. There's nothing wrong with that in my book. It certainly does NOT mean that he doesn't love you. If it bothers you then maybe you should find someone who doesn't mind giving the world a show.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast