+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do men separate between "just friends" and "more than friends"?

Do men separate between "just friends" and "more than friends"?

According to the "Ladder theory" (you can google it if you want to read the whole theory) men don't separate between "friends" and "more than friends"/"possible sexual partners" when it comes to women. Whereas women instantly decide whether or not a guy is "just a friend" or "more than friend" and once she has made up her mind it is very difficult for the guy to jump from the friends ladder to the more-than-friends-ladder.

Which would explain why it seems to be more difficult for a man to be "just friends" with a woman then it is for a woman to be "just friends" with a man (because men don't separate between different friends and 'more than friends').

Is there truth behind this?
    "If you love life, life will love you back."

Arthur Rubinstein

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Definitely.

Every woman is a potential sex partner until determined otherwise.

Initially meeting some of my female friends I would've totally banged them. As I got to know some of them, and developed a mutual respect, I no longer looked upon them with lusty eyes.

Hell I have one where she'll walk around half naked, or come out of the shower in a skimpy towel, and she's pretty girl. But it honestly doesn't bother me in the slightest. Then again, she was never really my "type" to begin with.

So basically you've fantasized about every female friend of yours. Even the unattractive ones? That's what the theory says. Kinda, that a man wouldn't even be friends with a woman in the first place unless she was sorta attractive. Whereas women tend to separate between unattractive guys=friends. and attractive guys=more than friends.

Arthur Rubinstein

I have female friends I wouldn't bang.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

honestly for all of men i've been friends with i have thought about sex with them. but i can be friends with them so i don't think having done that makes it in any way more difficult for men than women. we're all animals.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

OK, sex is one thing, but what about a romantic relationship. I'm wondering if it's easier for a guy to get stuck in the "friend zone" than it is for women to get stuck in a guy's "friend zone". That's the impression I get. That guys don't really have a "friend zone", kinda like, all their female friends are possible lovers.

I know it's to generalize, but Im wondering if theres any truth to this

Arthur Rubinstein

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'd say so.

Unless they're ugly, or total cunts from the get-go.

Then again, even if I had a bitch of a boss that was even mildly attractive I'd probably thinking about tying her up and ass raping her.

Quote Originally Posted by ellie View Post
    OK, sex is one thing, but what about a romantic relationship. I'm wondering if it's easier for a guy to get stuck in the "friend zone" than it is for women to get stuck in a guy's "friend zone". That's the impression I get. That guys don't really have a "friend zone", kinda like, all their female friends are possible lovers.

I know it's to generalize, but Im wondering if theres any truth to this
    I think guy's have a friend zone where all the girls that they don't find attractive end up.

Even if they find a girl attractive and vice versa she may stay in that zone indefinitely due to other circumstances such as her being married or in LTR.

But all guys are different, don't take it as a rule.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

There is a guy I was attracted to from the start, and then realized he was in a relationship. I held on hope for a little while that he might break up with her. They had been on and off for some odd years, he never talks about her, now they live together and seem comfortable but also not really going anywhere. It's been long enough that they should be married, but aren't.

But I liked him, and he made me laugh so I thought maybe.

Now, I've fallen out of attraction to him on a romantic level, but that almost makes me more just primally attracted to him. Like now, I just want to **** him so I don't give a shit if it goes anywhere. Not planning on home-wrecking, but just saying on a fantasy based level. Before I fantasized, but it was more about being with him.

I find that sexual charge occurs instantaneously. It's either there or it's not, but it can be lost. Usually only after you have had sex to get the tension out though. That's if it's just sex though.
    Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world

-Lily Tomlin

I think the "I wouldn't bang her" thing is dependent upon sobriety. I've seen it happen.
    Spammer Spanker

I'd probably sleep with any of my single female friends if the circumstances were right. If I like you enough to be friends, I like you enough to put my penis in you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chupacabras View Post
    I'd probably sleep with any of my single female friends if the circumstances were right. If I like you enough to be friends, I like you enough to put my penis in you.

See. That is what I'm talking about

Arthur Rubinstein

@chupacabras
    LOL

@ topic

I think it ALL depends on the person and the situation.

Im person who has pretty female friends and ugly ones, it doesnt matter if they are pretty or not to be my friend. Whats important is that the person is nice and gives u support when u need doesnt need to be pretty to do that.

I dont know if ur talkin about the sexual way, if u are then yeah i can tell you that 100% of man think of a friend as a possible sexual partner (just sex). When we are down and got dumped by GF if any of our friends shows interest in having sex, WE WILL F#@%# EM !!!

If ur not talkin in the sexual way, then its lot easier for a man to get interested in a friend than in another woman, cos they are pretty similar in lot of ways and share some feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyEngineer View Post
    If ur not talkin in the sexual way, then its lot easier for a man to get interested in a friend than in another woman, cos they are pretty similar in lot of ways and share some feelings.

Yeah that's what I meant. I mean, yeah, you can fantasize about having sex with basically anyone, I think that's pretty normal. Us women do that too. =)

But yeah, coz it kinda seems common for guys to become interested in/develop feelings for their female friends. Well, girls fall for their guy friends too, but it seems to be more common for girls to have some male friends that they would absolutely NOT consider as being more than friends (rather than the other way around).

But of course, it depends on the person

Arthur Rubinstein

Ok, here's how it works.

Every guy has a minimum standard for beauty. So long as a girl meets that minimum standard, he will want to do her.

There are exceptions to this rule. But one of the biggest ones would be that a guy might not wanna do a girl if there were hotter girls that were willing to do him.

Moving on to the relationships and friend zone question, keep in mind that with guys, it's all about looks (sorry that's the ugly truth - but, hey - looks are subjective so don't worry). If you don't meet a guy's minimum standard of beauty, your chances with him are almost 0%. So when you meet a guy for the first time, 1 of 3 things can happen:

1. You meet his standards (you just won 70% of the battle right there)
    2. You don't meet his standards (you're wasting your time)
    3. You're borderline (taking good care of yourself, a little makeup, and good fashion sense might bring you to possibility 1)

So guys do have a ladder but it's split into 3 parts. Now as long as you have a decent personality and don't possess some weird character flaw that he dislikes, you're in the game.

Additionally, if he's attracted to your personality, intelligence, sense of humor, etc., it will actually raise your physical beauty in his eyes. That's right, having a nice personality, makes you physically look more beautiful to him. In the end, it's mostly all about looks.

Sorry, we're shallow. Or at least I am. Who's with me?

*Crickets chirp *Tumbleweed rolls by *Old man coughs in background

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast