+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Are men really that simple?

Are men really that simple?

So, this has been bothering me. People can be very strange sometimes.

A friend of mine who's in his mid-30's married his girlfriend of 6 years last week. She was the one who was pushing marriage on him. He moved in with her (her house that she bought) about 3.5 years ago.
    Now, him and I met 3 years ago at work. Both of us were in long-term relationships at that time. Well, we sort of developed an attraction for each other, but nothing physical happened between us. I know he wanted something to happen because he was hinting at it, but I didn't have the heart to betray my bf, who i'm still with.

We became emotionally close and became good friends.He would always tell me that he wasn't ready for marriage with HER, he wanted to get married but not to her, etc. He complained to me about how she'd always nag him to marry her and he found that annoying. He complained about other things, how he wasn't into her as much anymore, how she's not really his type,etc.

But then suddenly end of last year he changed his mind after years of her pressuring him and they decided to get married. Well they did get married just last week and now he's extremely happy, on cloud 9 actually.

He keeps saying how he should've gotten married a long time ago and that it was one of best days of his life. What gives?? I find it hard to be happy for him because of how he felt about her in the past.
    Are men really this simple or is my friend full of it??

maybe your friend has one of those wierd diseases that causes him to have multiple personalities, or he is really going out of his way to make you jealous and be with him.

Lol, that's funny, but no he doesn't have a personality disorder and I don't think he's trying to make me jealous.

Everyone is on cloud nine at the start of their marriage. Its new, exciting, wonderful and both sides do their best to please one another.

The only other thing i can think of, is that he was saying all that stuff to try to be with you before making a comitment with the other girl, so he basically just used the other girl as a backup in case you rejected him.

Sounds like he was trying to gain some sympathy from you before in order to gain your affections... and now it seems he's trying to make you jealous. If he were a real 'friend' I'd say it was something else... but since he's made it apparent that he has feelings for you... chances are they've never really went away.

Sounds as if he sort of gave up on you and decided nothing would ever happen between you and this girl was there for him and he must love her in some way, otherwise he'd never have gone as far as getting married.

He probably loves her and also had special feelings for you but for some reason decided not to pursue that further and stick with this girl.
    "If you love life, life will love you back."

Arthur Rubinstein

Simple? That sounds like a quite complex thing to me.

Maybe he IS happy. And unless you're jealous and want him to keep pouring his affection onto you while complaining about his gf, you should be happy for him too.
    People change their attitudes... maybe he had cold feet, maybe he wasn't sure, but if he is happy now, why is this your problem?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Some men will say anything to get sex with a new girl, and often it has nothing at all to do with his partner and their relationship.