+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Money Matters

Money Matters

Ladies,
    How much does it matter to you that the man you settle down with makes, at least, as much money as you do?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think it depends on the lifestyle you expect to have... for example, if you plan to have children one day, and you want to be able to stay home for a few years to care for them, then obviously his earning capacity is vital.

Some women don't mind making more than their man, though.

I don't think it matters how much money the guy makes as long as he is caring, respectful, working hard (doesn't matter if it's street cleaning) and cares about me. I married someone who doesn't make as much money as me (we joke about who is the breadwinner). I married him because I love him. He's a very hard worker, it's just that his job doesn't pay as much. Simple.
    The woman's character will determine whether she isn't going to be with you because you make less money. A real woman looks at the guys attibutes and what he brings to her life. If money is what matters, then you don't want to be with her anyhow

kristen, your husband being a hard worker compensates for the lack of money he makes. In fact, you married him because you love him AND because of his career/job. It just happens that at times the amount of money reflects how hard a man works and how reliable he is - it's not the actual money that many women are interested in, it's the characteristic (which your many already seems to have) that the pay sometimes reflects.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ^^^^ haha, BULLSHIT.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Quote Originally Posted by kristen View Post
    I don't think it matters how much money the guy makes as long as he is caring, respectful, working hard (doesn't matter if it's street cleaning) and cares about me. I married someone who doesn't make as much money as me (we joke about who is the breadwinner). I married him because I love him. He's a very hard worker, it's just that his job doesn't pay as much. Simple.
    The woman's character will determine whether she isn't going to be with you because you make less money. A real woman looks at the guys attibutes and what he brings to her life. If money is what matters, then you don't want to be with her anyhow
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Perla View Post
    Ladies,
    How much does it matter to you that the man you settle down with makes, at least, as much money as you do?
    In addition, what does it matter what other people think or what their opinion might be?

Conforming to societies expectations is not always in your best interest anyway, save the law.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

I'd like to think it doesn't matter, but it does....I dnt wanna be broke, stuck on a one-way train, with no options to change things/expand the family. but thats just me..

I know if there is a type of lifestyle I want, I should have the pay packet to support it, but if I ask myself if having a partner who earned less than me would hold me back from persuing those things I want from life, then I'm guessing it would.

On the other hand...I do not mind (if my pay check permitted) funding a certain type of lifestyle/expansion of family, as long as my man didn't get all inadequate on me....

What exactly is Bullshit, Charlie Boy?

Inadequacy has been my issue. I have a dated a couple of guys that made less money than i did, and i have found that it affects them. I also dont like to be called out on how much i pay for things...and this happened alot in those relationships...

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It matters a helluva lot because I get shit for pay.

However, if I was the baller, I wouldn't care if he made less.

Quote Originally Posted by kristen View Post
    A real woman looks at the guys attributes and what he brings to her life.
    Finally an epiphany...I haven't been dating "real women."

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3MqsTnHR0Q&feature=related"]YouTube - Jay Z ft. JaRule - (HQ) Can I get a Uncensored + lyrics[/ame]
    Last edited by misombra; 23-09-09 at 06:44 AM.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

It really doesnt matter if he were to make less than me. I married him because I loved him and never have I based our relationship on money. Things will get tough, but in the end, its how you can work it out, not about the paycheck.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by miSSleepy View Post
    it's not the actual money that many women are interested in, it's the characteristic (which your many already seems to have) that the pay sometimes reflects.
    that, is bullshit.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

I think that women who go with a man because of money are whores and that they probably deserve to be treated like whores and that is part of the reason why women should not have any rights.

However, that is not the right thing to do so you should just ignore women who are materialistic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast