+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The 30's and 40s Single Scene

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    That's interesting. I've lived here since I was 5, and that has not been my experience. Of course, I live in a much more densely populated area than you do.

Anyway, I thought you were in Nevada.

I went Las Vegas for a meeting, if that's what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Chupacabras View Post
    I've actually noticed a trend with first dates: if she wears her most comfortable sensible shoes or sandals, there's no chance we're going on a second date. Whether that be due to outlook on the world or just that she's not serious about "dating", I dunno. Regardless, bet the same holds true for you, CAM.
    Oh, absolutely the same holds for me...I totally agree. I hold up my end of the date, to include paying the bill.

i'm so glad i'm not in the dating scene. i wouldn't be able to handle some of the stuff ya'll deal with.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Even in the midst of what seems to be a possible long-term relationship... I still like to dress up and go out with the man I love. I'm sure there are plenty of reasons... it makes me feel good... it makes him look good... it's fun... and it works really well to get you out of a rut.

If effort is still made while in a relationship... then it stands to reason that effort needs to be made in hopes of starting a relationship (short-term or long-term).. right?

CAM- that's a great idea about checking out another area. I suggest the Charleston area. You might LOVE those women.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    CAM- that's a great idea about checking out another area. I suggest the Charleston area. You might LOVE those women.
    ...or, I could stay here, admit to myself that I am "unmarriable" in today's world, remain a recluse, and continue bitterly posting on LF until the internet is superceded by direct brain wave communication. Always good to keep my options open, right?

actually cam i joined a dating site here in ireland and it actually had a lot of american guys on there. they had a forum like this and everyone as a large group chatted about all sorts and some even travelled over here and arranged social nights and days out were made in honor of these visitors. it was quite fun actually. i'm not on it anymore coz it cost me somthin like 40 eur a month but i still keep in touch with a lot of the people i met and they still let me know about the social nights out. worth a try?
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    actually cam i joined a dating site here in ireland and it actually had a lot of american guys on there. they had a forum like this and everyone as a large group chatted about all sorts and some even travelled over here and arranged social nights and days out were made in honor of these visitors. it was quite fun actually. i'm not on it anymore coz it cost me somthin like 40 eur a month but i still keep in touch with a lot of the people i met and they still let me know about the social nights out. worth a try?
    Sounds like an idea Thanks !

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123