+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is She Flirting with Me?

Is She Flirting with Me?

For the sake of argument, let’s say I love this particular woman. Further, let’s say that it’s agape love, grace from God love.
    But there is no relationship with this particular woman other than the work relationship we share. And also, let’s say that I am pretty stupid. Now, this is the scenario I find myself. This particular woman is single and so am I. I don’t know her situation other than I know that she isn’t married.
    In recent weeks because of the nature of her work and mine, we have had to communicate on the processes of the work to be done. I am in a support role to her endeavors, whatever they may be. I am subordinate to her in this regard, but she is in no way my supervisor, etc. Though, I might be senior to her in age, in regards to titles, she is above me.
    I’m a pretty old school type of guy, and I am respectful of others, small or great. I work at a medical school. She is an MD and I am not. The people within my department I address formally as Doctor so and so, etc. To make a long story short, this woman has a very good sense of humor. Let’s just say events preceding our work relationship, has led her to address me casually but not by my name, which when I get to it is very cute and endearing to me. Let’s just say my name is John. The events preceding our work relationship had someone within the department mistakenly calling me James. Now, she addresses me as James, Joe, Jimmy, Prince James, etc. And she would sign her name other than her real name. By the way, these are all in emails between us. This has been going on a few weeks. Today, I addressed her by her formal name and in parenthesis addressed her as (Your Eminence). I signed my name as “Your Humble Servant”, and she emailed me back in response signing her name as “Lowly Subject”

Like I said, I’m pretty stupid. I don’t want to jump to conclusions. I love her, and I know what love is, but I’m also realistic. I’m not afraid of rejection, because I love her unconditionally, but I’m wondering if there is something there to pursue. Is she flirting with me? It seems we are having a competition in humility, and I can’t say how much it endears me about her. To the community what should I do? What do you think? Please give me some feedback. Thanks

My Name Isn't really John

lets just say she is flirting with you...what would you do about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bumble_bee View Post
    lets just say she is flirting with you...what would you do about it?
    I think she is flirting with me, but I don't know the degree of her flirtatiousness.
    She has a great sense of humor, and I could be caught up in her humor, but if I thought she wanted to get to know me better and/or is interested, I would ask her for a beer after work to be specific...

thanks four your interest. What do you think?

Even if she isn't flirting with you... why don't you initiate something?

I think that is what you should do...best of luck .

Yeah, initiate something... don't wait for the girl to always go for the move
    love is the best thing in the whole world.

Quote Originally Posted by youaremysong View Post
    Yeah, initiate something... don't wait for the girl to always go for the move
    Well, I made my move, and now I am in an official waiting movement. I asked her out for a beer after work, and she has just been too busy. I really do believe her. Be that as it may, I am not going to press her. She is still flirting with me in her own way and I with her. I will wait for her to ask me, now...

Tell me what you think...

you have shown her you're interested, good idea not to hound her, but dnt just go all cold on her, keep showing you're interest and hopefuly she will ask you out for a drink soon. good luck!

keep on

Hi,

I think now that you have "made the first move" and she is still flirting with you, you are in a good position...give her time and keep on flirting (shows confidence)

you start`

why dont you start yourself.

it's hard to say, good luck! trust your feelings

If at first you don't succeed, dust yourself off and try again.

If you still don't succeed, she doesn't like you.