+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Will she wait for me?

Will she wait for me?

Hi, I'm a 24 year old guy - I like to think I'm reasonably sensible, but recently i've hit a bit of a dilemma. About two weeks ago I met this girl for whom I have fallen head-over-heels. She is funny, beautiful and truly amazing. I asked her out when I first met her and almost to my surprise she said yes! Since then we have been on a few great dates, spent most of our nights together and generally seem to be getting closer and more comfortable with each other all the time.

So what's the problem? The problem is that my work is soon to send me overseas to a remote location for about 3 months. I told her about this on our first date, as I wanted to make sure she knew before committing too much to the relationship. Whilst it didn't stop her wanting to spend time with me, it did sadden her somewhat.

Long story short, I really want to try and make this relationship work as I feel so strongly about the girl, and I don't want her to get cold feet while not seeing me for so long. Any advice?

jjj is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    just give it a go whilst you are away, atleast that way, u know you tried, and if all works out well, will be fine when you return

it's ok if *you* don't. i know you think you will but why not just go with the flow and not think too much about it. it's so much better if you don't (think too much..that is)
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching