+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Words of Wisdom needed....

Words of Wisdom needed....

Hello! I need some words of wisdom to help me out with this "issue":

I have been friends with this girl that I have known for three years. Ever since I met her, I have always liked her. When I returned from school back in June of this year, I decided to tell her my feelings toward her. At this time, she told me that she was "sorry but I am kind of dating someone now, and we are doing okay". Well I backed off and let things go for a bit.

This past month, when I left for my new career (we still live close enough, maybe 15 minutes from each other), I decided to write her a three page letter telling her that I have fallen in love with her. We have spent enough time hanging out and talking that I felt a connection with her that I have never felt before with anyone else. Her reaction to the letter was, "I never knew that you felt this way about me before. I am shocked." She said all of this with a smile on her face. I told her in person that I had fallen in love with her before she read the letter so that there were not any misunderstandings between us. After I told her that I loved her, she said, "I love you too" and grabbed me and started to hug me. I told her that I understand if she did not feel the same way about me and that I would always be her friend no matter what. She said that she loved me and understood, but she never said that she didnt feel the same way about me.

A few days later at a party, we walked out to my car together. I told her that even though I have not seen her for a week, I miss her already. I told her that I loved her, and while we were talking she was hugging on me and then she started to rub her hands up and down the side of my torso while I told her that I loved her and her returning the "I love you too". She pulled me closer to her body and we just stood there hugging on each other, and then I kissed her on her neck, her cheek and her forehead. She did not pull away. We started to stare at each other and I think that she wanted me to kiss her, but I didnt feel right because, 1.She still had a boyfriend (even though he treats her badly) 2. She had had a couple of drinks and I dont feel right taking advantage of that situation; thus possibly losing her in the long run.

I bought her roses the day I wrote her the letter and she was extremely flattered by the gesture. She said, "I love roses, it has been a long time since someone has bought me a rose". When I go to see her at work, she always gives me a hug before I leave. This past week, I told her that I would talk to her later, and she put her hand in front of me before I could walk away, and she said, "Dont you want your hug before you leave"?

My friends have told me that I need to stop texting her and make it look like I dont care. But if I do, I dont want her to forget about me and not talk to me anymore. I dont want her to also be pissed at me for not talking to her. But, I was also told I need to play a little more "hard to get".

I need advice here! Does she like/love me, or is she playing with me? She still hangs out with me when she is not working, but I usually have to text her. What does it all mean??!! Thank you for any help!
    Last edited by rmj; 23-09-09 at 05:51 AM.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Dont post the same thread 2 times!