+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Epic Fail.

Epic Fail.

I'll begin with an anecdote of my stupid love life. I'm single and always have been, started college two weeks ago.

Girl 1: Broke up with her boyfriend the day I was going to get her number and ending the same conversation with a awkward compliment.

Girl 2: Got number through msn, flirted for a bit and I was really optimistic. Met with her for lunch with two her too other guy friends. Was too shy to flirt. Friends got involved today and I walked away when she was standing next to me. Msn convos drying up.

Epic fail.

Help?
    Last edited by Syph; 26-09-09 at 02:51 AM.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Girl 3, 4, 5 ,6. Keep going.

Quote Originally Posted by girl68 View Post
    Girl 3, 4, 5 ,6. Keep going.
    Keep going?

I'm hopeless and incompetent. I just threw away two great women trying too hard and being a coward...

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Threw away!?

So what girl 1 had a bf and you were going to ask for her number? BUT she had a bf the whole time, they broke up and you DIDN'T ask for her number... sounds kinda stupid to me.

Girl 2 never liked you. Girls who like you don't bring guy friends to a potential date.

You're hopeless after 2? YIIIIIIIIIIIIKES. You've got a lot more rejection than that (in fact, it's not even rejection because you didn't try).

WTF why didnt you get girl 1's number, how stupid. ( I can see now at home banging your head against the wall yelling STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID)

Forget girl two, find a girl 3 if you don't wanna try to get girl one.

Then there is 4567891011121314151617181920212324252627282930 just live lol your still young

Threw away!?

So what girl 1 had a bf and you were going to ask for her number? BUT she had a bf the whole time, they broke up and you DIDN'T ask for her number... sounds kinda stupid to me.

Girl 2 never liked you. Girls who like you don't bring guy friends to a potential date.

You're hopeless after 2? YIIIIIIIIIIIIKES. You've got a lot more rejection than that (in fact, it's not even rejection because you didn't try).
    I thought rebounds were bad...

I figured Girl 2 wasn't that into me when she didn't reply to my texts within a few hours. However, her guy friends were with her when I talked to her. Going to lunch was a coincidence.

I don't know who to believe or what to do?

Quote Originally Posted by FullofSighs View Post
    WTF why didnt you get girl 1's number, how stupid. ( I can see now at home banging your head against the wall yelling STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID)
    It was after that awkward ending conversation that I stopped. I was being a goon. How can a girl as pretty as her find a pretty boy with so little confidence that he backed off after an awkward silence.

I'll flipping do it if I thought there was any chance of her finding me attractive!

Neither of those girls were even possibles. There was nothing there to even throw away (one was really poor timing, the other wanted you in the friend zone). Frankly, I would have walked out on that group date.

Start dating and do it a lot. You'll find that most of the time you probably won't have a second date with the girl but that's what dating is all about; it's not an epic fail, you just aren't right for each other. First dates are probably one of the most uncomfortable things for guys as this is the date where she determines if she wants to get to know you better (the second date is generally where she's the most anxious, it's usually the date where the guy decides if he wants to get to know her better).

Get used to a lot of first dates, not getting a second date doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you. It's easy to take it personal, one of the hardest lessons you can learn in dating is it's not.

EVERY guy falls on his face a couple of times before getting it right. I don't know of any guy that doesn't. Learn from your mistakes and listen to Girl68. There will be a girl 3 - trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chupacabras View Post
    Neither of those girls were even possibles. There was nothing there to even throw away (one was really poor timing, the other wanted you in the friend zone). Frankly, I would have walked out on that group date.

Start dating and do it a lot. You'll find that most of the time you probably won't have a second date with the girl but that's what dating is all about; it's not an epic fail, you just aren't right for each other. First dates are probably one of the most uncomfortable things for guys as this is the date where she determines if she wants to get to know you better (the second date is generally where she's the most anxious, it's usually the date where the guy decides if he wants to get to know her better).

Get used to a lot of first dates, not getting a second date doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you. It's easy to take it personal, one of the hardest lessons you can learn in dating is it's not.
    Dating? You must be joking. I want to go on a date with them! Going out with a girl I have just met is a no-no according to my single (but confident) friends.

Do you get a number and ask out immediately? Is that where I am going wrong?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Every one falls flat on their face a few times- even girls. Rejection hurts, learn to deal with it.

Every one falls flat on their face a few times- even girls. Rejection hurts, learn to deal with it.
    I've only been rejected once. It was more of her saying "yes" but not having her phone on her.

I would like to know the answer to my question in #10. Do I need to know a girl very well to date her?

What, your friends want you to just hover around girls until they eventually get drunk and blow you?

Meet a girl, ask for her number, call her and chat her up. Ask if she wants to get a drink or a bite; if there's a better way to get to know a girl without a bunch of bullshit getting in the way, I haven't heard it.

That is, unless things have changed greatly from when I was 18.

Quote Originally Posted by Chupacabras View Post
    What, your friends want you to just hover around girls until they eventually get drunk and blow you?

Meet a girl, ask for her number, call her and chat her up. Ask if she wants to get a drink or a bite; if there's a better way to get to know a girl without a bunch of bullshit getting in the way, I haven't heard it.

That is, unless things have changed greatly from when I was 18.
    No, apparently you get to know a girl before asking her out.

I'm only 16, but I'll take your advice. You are right, I'm friend-zoning myself...

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Syph View Post
    I've only been rejected once.

I would like to know the answer to my question in #10. Do I need to know a girl very well to date her?
    You're going to get rejected a helluva lot more times.

If you know a girl real well then you try to date her this will be you: FRIENDZONED.

No, you don't need to know her well at all. A few small details might be nice, but dating is where you get to know her.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast