+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ideal weight for a woman!

Ideal weight for a woman!

Before I get flamed for posting this, these are not my words. In fact they're coming from a woman and I agree with her 100%. What do you guys think?

[url]http://feministx.blogspot.com/[/url]

"Apparently, there is confusion regarding the most appealing weight range in women despite the constant visual barrage of ideally proportioned women that we are all subjected to each day. I find this post to be stupid and to be stating the obvious, but this is a topic that gets a lot of attention, so I will provide clarification.

The ideal weight for women is between 100 and 135 pounds. If you are too tall or too short to look ideal or healthy within that weight range, your physique can't be in ideal anyways. The formula used to be 100lbs for 5 ft and add or subtract 5 lbs for each inch. Now that breast implants are common, men are used to looking at women who are leaner. The formula is now about 100 lbs at 5 ft with an added 3-4 pounds for each inch in height.

There are some unusually shaped exceptions like Kim Karadashian or Adriana Lima, but overall, the FemX body mass index is widely applicable. We know that muscle weighs more than fat. Does not matter. Too muscular isn't a good thing anyways. But there is one caveat. A pretty face is worth more than a 100% perfect body. The best looking women in Hollywood have the best faces, not necessarily the best bodies. An older woman might have to weigh more than the ideal in order for her face not to look too angular.

The closer to ideal weight you are, the broader the appeal you will have to men. If you are not healthy or not happy at the ideal weight, men really don't care. They are complete assholes that way. If you learn to love yourself and feel confident, they will not be attracted to your positive energy. They are assholes that want to objectify you and judge your value to them based on the material state of your body.

I can't promise you that achieving an ideal weight will make you happy or able to form a better relationship with a better man. Such things depend on a number of personality traits. All the FemX index will do is make your body more desirable to a greater amount of men."

Sounds like nonsense to me. Waist-to-hip ratio is by far the better indicator.

That sure is to state the obvious. What's new? Yeah men prefer thin women and women prefer muscular men. So?

There are so many other aspects to it, such as way of dressing, your posture, how you walk, how you talk, if you are confident and have style, etc. If you weigh 100lbs and have zero confidence, walk like sack of potatoes and have no style, how attractive is that? As opposed to weighing 150lbs, being confident, have style and high self esteem?

And as far as weight is concerned, there ARE women who are very curvy and STILL have a good body and don't look overweight, because that is there body type. They may weigh 140 llbs, or 160 or whatever, but still look gorgeous because they have that kind of body type.

So as far as measuring ideal body/weight is concerned I'd have to agree with Chupacabras. Wait-to-hip ratio is better.
    "If you love life, life will love you back."

Arthur Rubinstein

Quote Originally Posted by Chupacabras View Post
    Sounds like nonsense to me. Waist-to-hip ratio is by far the better indicator.
    Not when the woman is fat.

drivel...why do fat women get men then, for crissake that woman who wrote that is a dumbass. it's mostly about attitude-no doubt and the rest on whether the woman is healthy enuf to bear his children. we're animals and that silly woman must feel under pressure to keep up with her theory instead of looking after her health which btw if people did they would end up being the ideal weight for their bodies which varies from woman to woman and of course would be most appealing and will likely give off the right pheromones
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

i don't give a damn what men find attractive.

(i stole that from pulp fiction.)
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Well I think it is good that someone is making more women feel self conscious and inferior. After getting yet another stream of rejections from my online dating profile I seriously do not care about what women want anymore because they are so picky and superficial that it is good men are the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    drivel...why do fat women get men then, for crissake that woman who wrote that is a dumbass. it's mostly about attitude-no doubt and the rest on whether the woman is healthy enuf to bear his children. we're animals and that silly woman must feel under pressure to keep up with her theory instead of looking after her health which btw if people did they would end up being the ideal weight for their bodies which varies from woman to woman and of course would be most appealing and will likely give off the right pheromones

Sorry but no one wants a fat chick. If you are fat you should just lose weight it is not that hard. Just go to the gym everynight and don't eat McDonalds and choclate. Then you'll be nice and thin and you'll be able to treat men like crap too. The only ones that want fat chicks are men that no one else will take.

NO FAT CHICKS.

Quote Originally Posted by ellie View Post
    That sure is to state the obvious. What's new? Yeah men prefer thin women and women prefer muscular men. So?

There are so many other aspects to it, such as way of dressing, your posture, how you walk, how you talk, if you are confident and have style, etc. If you weigh 100lbs and have zero confidence, walk like sack of potatoes and have no style, how attractive is that? As opposed to weighing 150lbs, being confident, have style and high self esteem?

And as far as weight is concerned, there ARE women who are very curvy and STILL have a good body and don't look overweight, because that is there body type. They may weigh 140 llbs, or 160 or whatever, but still look gorgeous because they have that kind of body type.

So as far as measuring ideal body/weight is concerned I'd have to agree with Chupacabras. Wait-to-hip ratio is better.
    Attractive women could make a pumpkin skil look like a fashion item

It's all about preference. Image and What Men Want has been destroyed by Hollywood.

Well, call me old-fashioned, but...

The ideal weight for a woman is the exact weight of the woman who smiles
    at me, and engages me in an intelligent conversation. Not a single ounce more or less than that.
    When in trouble,
    Or in doubt,
    Run in circles,
    Scream and shout.

Lol I'm not trying to make women inferior or anything if that's what some people think.

Merely trying to look at things objectively and learn something.

My main question was if other guys agreed with me on this. But I guess I'm the only shallow guy on this board - well except for George but he seems to have an undying hatred for women so that doesn't count.

I gotta agree on the hips to waist ratio thing to though.
    Last edited by Sanctuary; 26-09-09 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ellie View Post
    What you say is true BUT without getting into extremes, I think an average girl of 100 lbs will have an easier time getting guys than a 150 girl who is confident, stylish, and has high self esteem.

Hmm... the article sounds like a pamphlet for Anorexia...

But seriously, I'm 5'2 and look best right around 112-115lbs. If I were busty, then 125lb would probably look alright. If I were completely flat-chested, then 100lbs would be fine. If I were far more muscular than I am now, then I could be 120lb and still quite slim -- since muscle is denser than fat.

Weight range is really dependent on more than just height -- there's the style of frame, proportion of fat to muscle, features like bust size (and tush to), and your level of fitness. All of that is meaningless if you don't know how to show it off via good clothes, good attitude, and self-confidence.

However that still can't compete with the simple fact that even though a guy may find you attractive initially, there's no guarantee that you will hold his interest for long. In the end, he either likes who you are or he doesn't.

Does it really matter about weight? I mean the saying is that there is somebody for everybody, and i believe this is true without a doubt. Now whether you under weight over weight exact does it matter? You'll find someone for you sooner or later. No point in stressing over weight issues, and if you really care that much and your over weight then fix it with exercise and eating right, if your under weight work out more put some muscle on yourself and eat a little bit more (but only eat a little bit more if you work out that way you just don't get fat!!!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast