+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Fell for her and instantly separated

Fell for her and instantly separated

So we've been good friends with this girl for like a year. We're both at uni and I'm 21 while she's 25. Ages are very mixed at our specialization and most of my friends are considerably older than me, so I'm not too concerned about it.

We have a lot in common and I think she was interested in me the whole time, asking personal stuff and touching me lightly on many occasions when she thought I wouldn't notice. She is very shy otherwise. The thing is, I really barely noticed and never took it seriously (mainly because I was burned recently and wasn't looking for any kind of closer relationship at the time).

When there was some party or hanging out with friends, she always tried to find out in advance if I'll come and seemed to be bored when I wasn't there.

Then there was this farewell party - she goes to study in another country for a year. During this party she said to me that I must come there (to see the country) at least five times. It seems she didn't invited any other of her friends. Then we hugged and separated.

This wasn't before this exact moment that I realized everything. And became instantly lost.

I've send her an email asking that she writes to me after she got there, but didn't receive an answer (it's a week and something now). Now I don't know how to approach this. I know, that she isn't fond of emails and phones (she gets all serious when talking on one and can't seem to relax).

I would definitely go to visit her there, but it could take few months before it's possible. I have no idea how to approach her now and I'm afraid she could become absorbed in her live abroad, and I could lose her.
    Last edited by finrill; 28-09-09 at 06:10 PM.

MSN with webcam?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    By Giving You The Finger, Not The Index Or Pinky, Nor The Ring Or The Thumb, I Am Able To Tell You To **** Off Without Wasting My Breath.
    I like this

Thank you Reath, I'll try it

You're welcome..
    Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    By Giving You The Finger, Not The Index Or Pinky, Nor The Ring Or The Thumb, I Am Able To Tell You To **** Off Without Wasting My Breath.
    I like this

An Insular Yuppie Neighborhood in a Big American City
    Even if nothing develops, I think you should learn from this relationship. I'm amazed by how attuned you are to her signals of attractiveness to you, yet how little you advanced in that regard.

Yes, it seems so stupid to me in retrospect. I should have picked some of those hints earlier and advance from there, but I didn't take them seriously at all, until it couldn't be any clearer the very last day.

Really a lesson to learn either way for me and hopefully for anyone reading this too. Thanks for the replies.