+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I overthinking this?

Am I overthinking this?

So its easy to throw out advice and to look at a situation from all angles when its not me taking part in said events. Help me sort this out.

There's a girl who is in both of my Tues/Thur classes. I am pretty damn picky with physical appearance, but this was a girl that grabbed my attention the first time I saw her. Anyway, she has caught me starring at her before and vice verse, I always just smile.

Anyway, we had this terrible discussion group thing today in class and she was always intently watching me as I spoke which I know is a sign of interest. I walk into my next class after she has come in because I went to grab food. As I walk by the end of her row she kind of looks at me with this excited face and says "I didn't know you were in this class!" I said "yeah, I just hide back here at the top row where people don't bug me." Not the best way to word it, but water under the bridge.

There's no way she could never have seen me in that class, we've crossed vision a few times. Was she trying to initiate conversation by playing dumb or what? I think I kind of know the answer, but I am curious what other people think.

This shit is a dime a dozen when I am downtown or at a party because I don't even think twice about dating most of those people. I actually find myself a little off kilter around her because there is a nervousness I don't get around most girls. I never thought I would choke for words, but I never thought I would be nervous. This girl grabbed me hook, line and sinker more than anyone I can remember. Its the killer smile she has.

Go.
    Last edited by Cbrider; 30-09-09 at 02:08 PM.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

yes, you're overthinking it. I'm annoyed that I have to go to this lunch and learn training thing for work, because I want to overthink it with you. I'll be back in a couple of hours!
    Spammer Spanker

I agree, definitely overthinking it. Might want to put a little more control on your emotions. She seems interested, so that's half the battle right there.

You're only overthinking something when your brain can't handle the detail. The details help with accuracy and precision but you still have to make an educated guess based on your experience. You can tell when you've overthought something when you can't summarize the details back into manageable, useful conclusions/judgements. If you just confuse yourself, that's overthinking it. Whenever you're reading body language you're noticing minutia. If you choose to do so you can pay conscious attention to it and make conscious judgements rather than rely on so called intuition. Intuition stinks of personal bias for wishful thinking, I wouldn't rely on it.
    Precious and fragile things
    Need special handling
    My god, what have we done to you?

You're getting all obsessive about it because it matters. You could really like this girl.

Are you thinking she's some kind of ditz or liar because she said she'd never seen you in that class? Believe me, she's probably fretting right now about having given a bad impression. I've done retarded crap like that before and wanted to bang my head against my desk.

Cut her some slack. She's cute and she's apparently into you. That should be good enough for now. We can dissect her after your first date.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    You're getting all obsessive about it because it matters. You could really like this girl.

Are you thinking she's some kind of ditz or liar because she said she'd never seen you in that class? Believe me, she's probably fretting right now about having given a bad impression. I've done retarded crap like that before and wanted to bang my head against my desk.

Cut her some slack. She's cute and she's apparently into you. That should be good enough for now. We can dissect her after your first date.
    Yeah, you're usually right about stuff, IDK why this would be any different.

I'm not trying to be obsessive or viewing her as a ditz. I think I was just blind sided by it and actually cared enough that I stuffed myself for words and didn't know what to say.

Looks like I have work to do tomorrow.

Thanks Giga.

The Warmonger

Good luck rider and is this what they say love chemistry?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lipp View Post
    By Giving You The Finger, Not The Index Or Pinky, Nor The Ring Or The Thumb, I Am Able To Tell You To **** Off Without Wasting My Breath.
    I like this

You know why you are overthinking things? Because you experience so little that you focus on the tiniest things.

If you had actually spoken to her normally, gotten her number, invited her out to a party or something, you would have had a million+ in your face cues that require are blatantly obvious to read, but because you haven't tried, you are overthinking and testing the waters so much that you will start to come across as a bitch.

So if you want a shot with this girl, stop being a bitch.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    maybe her vision is poor.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    maybe her vision is poor.

Haha, it may very well be.

I talked with her for a while today and introduced myself, etc, etc. She's a nice enough girl and intelligent enough to hold a conversation, but I didn't really see anything beyond that. Regardless, I looked over today and she was leaning on the guy next to her talking to him, it was quiet apparent where her interest was. No harm no foul.

It was a good wake up though, its been too long since something actually grabbed my attention to that degree. Next time, instead of stuffing myself for words in that situation I will be proactive. I felt like I got beat at my own game in a way. Strange feeling, but good lesson.

I have more important things at hand anyway. I bought my Kawi back from the insurance company and sold it. Next step.........

The Warmonger

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    are you gonna replace your bike, or give it up?