+ Follow This Topic

Thread: MIND Games, why do you play?

MIND Games, why do you play?

Just curious to know what people think of mind and jealousy games. I have been experiencing this from a guy for the past few months now after he revealed to me that he has strong feelings.

I have never indulged in this stuff before, however but I want to understand it better. So one told me to my surprise that usually men do it more.

Mind games are an inherent part of human nature. We all learn how to push the buttons of people we care about. I think the more insecure person in the relationship is more likely to play games-- they are too afraid of rejection for honesty. I do actually think a little game-playing can be enjoyable-- if it is done in a light-hearted way. For example, the guy I'm currently dating just told me the first time we hung out he pulled "a take away" move on me; there were a lot of other guys around so he disappeared so I'd come find him. Surely he was doing a little bit of game playing but not in a bad way

Mind games can pit two people against each other when they should be working together. It's something that should be avoided when deemed unnecessary in favor of honesty. Playful mind games are ok, so long as both involved knows what's going on and actively consent.

It's a very dangerous thing to do in a relationship, and has been the ruin of many a potentially good relationship.

Mind games are fostered and brought about by insecurity, nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeradalia View Post
    Mind games can pit two people against each other when they should be working together. It's something that should be avoided when deemed unnecessary in favor of honesty. Playful mind games are ok, so long as both involved knows what's going on and actively consent.

It's a very dangerous thing to do in a relationship, and has been the ruin of many a potentially good relationship.
    Agreed!!!!